Morning Glory Muffins Recipe - NYT Cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup shredded carrot (from 2 medium carrots)
- ½ cup shredded apple (from 1 medium apple)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, dark brown sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir carrot, apple, coconut, 1/2 cup of the walnuts and 1/2 cup of the raisins into the wet mixture. Stir in the melted coconut oil.
- With a large rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and raisins evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the muffins, in the tin, to a rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the tin and let cool completely on the rack. Once cool, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.