#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 200927
Saturday and Sunday were not quite so stressful and intensive as usual. Still quite hot.
- built some sawhorses
- did some serious weed whacking
- got rained on
- finished sealing the deck
- planted a few plants around the pond and in the field
- planted the big pot. it won’t hold a cypress for a while so we wanted to fill it. And center it on the bridge where it belongs.
- changed the location and design of the filter, which we haven’t started yet
- and a few other odds and ends
this weekend will be for painting the deck
(hopefully), just one more week then back to building things.
much of what comes next will take time but won’t be photographic or even visible stuff - relocating the waterfall pump, cleaning dead plant bins, washing more rock. And the filter details (boring). Then we’re back to the beds, shoveling dirt, building the next crib…
We definitely will keep up with pictures, so we don’t get yelled at again.
The fish are doing fine. They figured out when feeding time is and where.
Here’s a caterpillar on a cat
I signed up for the World Wildlife Fund Species Step Challenge.
10,000 steps a day for the month of October.
I run more than 10K steps every day so it’s not so much of a challenge as it is a way to raise some money to save the future.
I know how many people read these updates every week.
Just a couple of dollars from a lot of us can protect wildlife and habitats around the world.
And you can donate anonymously.