Bridgeghazi: Christie Says He Was Misled, Didn’t Know, Unacceptable
The latest moves in the burgeoning Bridgeghazi scandal are pretty predictable, as Gov. Chris Christie responds in classic politician’s fashion by blaming someone else.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has acknowledged that the New Jersey bridge closing scandal has reached his office.
In a statement issued Wednesday afternoon, Christie responded to the revelation that one of his close aides discussed plans to close lanes on the George Washington Bridge last year.
“What I’ve seen today for the first time is unacceptable,” Christie said. “I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge.”
Mmkay. We shall see. Meanwhile, Christie’s (former?) pal David Wildstein is trying to get his subpoena quashed. And we all know how painful that can be.
David Wildstein, the former Port Authority of New York and New Jersey executive at the center of New Jersey bridge scandal, does not want to testify before state lawmakers on Thursday. And he’s going to court to avoid it.
Wildstein filed a lawsuit in state court on Wednesday in an attempt to quash the legislature’s subpoena of his testimony, according to The Bergen Record.