TwitterFacebook

Chuck Hagel Confirmed for Secretary of Defense

Excellent work, Breitbrats!
Politics • Views: 19,256
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel

Chuck Hagel was just confirmed as the new Secretary of Defense in a 58-41 Senate vote, and I’d like to give a big thumbs up to breitbart.com for their non-stop (some might say obsessive) hard work in helping to make it happen. The “Friends of Hamas” scam will go down in political history as one of the most embarrassingly obvious fake hit jobs ever.

Great job! You’ve made Andrew proud.

OK, you can start predicting doom now.

1 Dr. Matt  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:44:59pm

Friends of Hamas is hosting a black tie gala in honor of our new SecDef and all us Socialist, Communist, Soros-lovers are invited! I’m bringing ice!

2 The Ghost of a Flea  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:46:56pm

re: #1 Dr. Matt

I’ll bring the halal turkey sandwiches.

3 FemNaziBitch  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:47:12pm

We are all going to Hell.

As if there were any doubt.

I’m going for the Oreos.

4 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:53:33pm

Thank god nobody made idiots of themselves over this or anything.

5 Dr Lizardo  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:55:51pm

I’m bringing the halal kebab!!

6 engineer cat  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:56:09pm

now that he’s cleared the wingnut brigade can i start being disappointed with him?

7 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 2:56:47pm

re: #1 Dr. Matt

I’m bringing ice!

Does Jimmah know?

8 Kid A  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:00:32pm

A Breitbrat haiku:

Up comes Chuck Hagel,
Quick! Quick! How do we stop this?
Yes! Friends of Hamas!

9 Jan Smiddy  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:01:33pm

Just came from the CS Monitor report on the confirmation. Must say that the derp is deep even over there. Half of the crazy train comments are apocalyptic and borderline suicidal.

Do they even know he is a decorated veteran and a Republican?

Incredible. Hard to believe the same DNA is at play. Oh the humanity!

10 Kronocide  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:01:48pm

I’ll bet they keep the ‘Friends of Hamas’ gag going and never let it go, as proof that Obama hates Israel of course.

11 Political Atheist  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:03:05pm

re: #1 Dr. Matt

Oh that’s cold.

12 blueraven  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:08:39pm

Rand Paul joined Mike Johanns, Richard Shelby, and Thad Cochran as the four Republicans voting to confirm Hagel.

13 Sionainn  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:15:20pm

They’ve quietly added the comments sections back to the stories on the main Fox News page. hehehe

14 erik_t  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:16:55pm

I dream of someday living in a world where a Democratic president can dare to nominate a Democratic Secretary of Defense and maybe have the Senate actually come to a vote on it.

15 FemNaziBitch  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:21:41pm

re: #14 erik_t

“I dreamed a dream of times gone buy

16 blueraven  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:24:09pm

re: #14 erik_t

Or even dare to nominate a republican for SOS.

17 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:25:04pm

Today at lunch my idiot friend told his girlfriend “I love your weird little elf body.”

18 b_sharp  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:31:51pm

re: #17 Glenn Beck’s Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut

What did she say?

“Fuck off you troll?”

19 Glenn Beck's Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:32:36pm

re: #18 b_sharp

She didn’t really hear him, and she said “What did you say?” and he started to repeat it and I dropped my pie on his lap.

20 engineer cat  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:32:37pm

The full NBC/WSJ poll — which was conducted Feb. 21-24 of 1,000 adults

why weren’t conservatives represented?

21 b_sharp  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:34:16pm

re: #19 Glenn Beck’s Grand Unifying Theory of Obdicut

You’re a damn good friend.

22 GatorsEatsTaters  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:36:14pm

OT: I have some friends who run a religious online book store and I just recently noticed they have been pushing books written by Robert Spencer as accurate research material on Islam. Can someone please provide me links to the best material showing his lies/shady connections. I know there were some good articles here at LGF that Charles posted but anything outside would be most appreciated as well.

23 thecommodore  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:36:24pm

Ben Shapiro is currently guest hosting for Hugh Hewitt.

He sure is paying the supreme price for journalistic maladroitedness, isn’t he?

24 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:36:30pm
25 Tigger2  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:41:18pm

The wingnuts are now running in a circle trying to bite their own tails out of anger, The are such a rabid bunch.

26 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:47:58pm

re: #22 GatorsEatsTaters

Would they give something from SPLC a fair hearing?

Two Key Tactics
This coordinated anti-Muslim movement relies heavily on two key tactics. The first is arguing that the most radical Muslims — men like Osama bin Laden — are properly interpreting the Koran, while peaceful, moderate Muslims either don’t understand their own holy book or are strategically faking their moderation. The primary architect of this theory is SIOA co-founder Robert Spencer, who has researched Islam outside academia for more than three decades. He says the Koran itself is innately violent and calls for the utter subjugation of non-believers. Critics charge that Spencer ignores other passages and centuries of interpretive scholarship that mitigate the Koran’s occasional violent verses. Some also point out that the many violent admonitions of other holy books, including the Bible, are not usually taken literally by believers.

The second key tactic is to relentlessly attack individuals and organizations who purport to represent moderate Islam in America, painting them as secret operatives in the grand Muslim scheme (typically attributed to a conspiracy led by the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood) to destroy the West.

One doesn’t have to probe very deeply to find the fingerprints of the eight central activists — Spencer, Pipes, Horowitz, Gaffney, Emerson, Gabriel, Geller and Yerushalmi — on almost every aspect of the recent surge in anti-Muslim fervor in America. The conservative media, led by FOX News personalities Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Eric Bolling and including the upstart Pajamas Media online network, evangelist Franklin Graham, and a contingent of sympathetic right-wing bloggers and commentators, have joined in to help construct a “movement” that 9/11 itself didn’t generate.

The point is that Spencer is not a scholar, he’s an activist, and his ‘research’ is all in the service of his agenda.

27 GatorsEatsTaters  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 3:50:06pm

re: #26 wrenchwench

A nice overview but 2 general paragraphs are not quite as a good as a list of links showing more specific incidents and cases

28 wrenchwench  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 4:00:49pm

re: #27 GatorsEatsTaters

Make ‘em read the whole article. They should know what kind of trash they are pushing.

What kind of incidents and cases are you hoping to find? Park 51? Money from David Horowitz?

29 CuriousLurker  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 4:01:50pm

re: #27 GatorsEatsTaters

[Link: www.salon.com…]

[Link: www.splcenter.org…]

[Link: www.religiondispatches.org…]

[Link: www.rightwingwatch.org…]

30 GatorsEatsTaters  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 4:07:49pm

re: #29 CuriousLurker

Thanks

31 CuriousLurker  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 4:10:12pm

re: #30 GatorsEatsTaters

Thanks

You’re welcome.

Here are a couple from the ADL as well, however their site appears to be down at the moment:

[Link: archive.adl.org…]

[Link: archive.adl.org…]

32 CuriousLurker  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 4:17:48pm

re: #30 GatorsEatsTaters

Actually, the ADL has more than a couple of articles about Spencer. Here are the results of searching for his name using their site’s search form.

33 Skip Intro  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 5:11:12pm

re: #1 Dr. Matt

My wife and I will be attending the Junior League of Hezbollah celebrations this weekend. Hope to see some of you there.

34 GatorsEatsTaters  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 6:11:00pm

re: #29 CuriousLurker

This was one of the articles from one of your links:

[Link: www.religiondispatches.org…]

So let me see if I get this straight: The same Spencer who accuses Muhammad of engaging in human rights abuses, crimes, slaughter, intolerance, child marriage and more is also saying this supposed monster never even existed?!

35 CuriousLurker  Tue, Feb 26, 2013 9:07:06pm

re: #34 GatorsEatsTaters

This was one of the articles from one of your links:

[Link: www.religiondispatches.org…]

Heh, yep. Go figure.

36 Destro  Wed, Feb 27, 2013 6:52:58am

re: #1 Dr. Matt

I think animosity to Hagel is from the Military Industrial Complex types because they fear the defense budget cuts he is going to implement and one of the biggest military pork spending out there is supporting the war overseas by civilian contractors.

With no more USSR around the Military Industrial Complex made Arabs or Islamist the new USSR like threat - which is why this Hamas thing is a big deal and why Israel is made a big deal.—-it’s an extension of the cold war to sell stuff to the military and not so much based on caring for Israel per say - Israel is used as a prop by them more or less as a substitute for how we felt about Europe during the Cold War (remember how Soviet domination of Poland was the big deal during the Ford presidency? Israel is the substitute nation for that Cold War foreign policy politics these days).

^ back to top ^

TwitterFacebook

Turn off all ads for a full year by subscribing!
For about 33 cents a day (per month) or 22 cents a day (per year), our subscription option turns off all advertisements at LGF!
Read more...

► LGF Headlines

► Tweeted Articles

► Tweeted Pages

► Top 10 Comments

► Bottom Comments

► Recent Comments

► Tools/Info

► Tag Cloud

► Contact

You must have Javascript enabled to use the contact form.
Your email:

Subject:

Message:

Messages may be published unless you request otherwise.
Tech Note:
Using the Contact Form
LGF Pages

This button leads to the main index of LGF Pages, our user-submitted articles. You can post your own LGF Pages simply by registering a free account with us.

Create a Page

This is the LGF Pages posting bookmarklet. To use it, drag this button to your browser's bookmark bar, and title it 'LGF Pages' (or whatever you like). Then browse to a site you want to post, select some text on the page to use for a quote, click the bookmarklet, and the Pages posting window will appear with the title, text, and any embedded video or audio files already filled in, ready to go.

Last updated: 2014-03-07 2:19 pm PST

LGF User's Guide
Recent Pages
Randall Gross
L.A. Launches Streamlined Permitting System for Solar Panels Online
The city of Los Angeles has launched an online permitting system for solar panels, seeking to streamline the process and reduce costs for homeowners. Previously, those installing the systems had to go to a Department of Building and Safety ...

4 minutes ago
Views: 28 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
FemNaziBitch
‘I Was Really Stressed Out’: Anxiety Rules the Secret Life of Teens - Parents - TODAY.com
When hormones, grades and peer pressure rule your life, turmoil often follows. Yet many families don't realize how crippling the stress can be for their teenagers. TODAY's series on the secret lives of teens began Wednesday with NBC special ...

Views: 73 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 0
iceweasel
Scotland’s Referendum: After the No Vote
Jimmah (Aye Pod) and I are gutted at the result: Jimmah is probably more heartbroken than I. This is a wee post for my honey to cheer him (and all other Aye voters) up: Robert Burns: For a' that, an' ...

Views: 213 • Comments: 1
Tweets: 6 • Rating: 8
theliel
AEI Decides to Weigh in on #GamersGate
So Polygon showcases the AEI's anti-femminist response to #gamergate talking about how games are for dudes and dudes need that space to continue being dudes and bitches should get back in that kitchen where they belong. Link is to Polygon ...

Views: 190 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
CriticalDragon1177
Alternet - Nicholas Wade’s Flawed Book Rewrites the History of Scientific Racism
Jon Phillips takes on Nicholas Wade's claims, and proves once again that so called "scientific" racism is little more than a pseudoscience. This was originally posted in September 2014 edition of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Report, ( ...

Views: 347 • Comments: 0
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 2
Lumberhead
Angry Letters to the One Member of Congress Who Voted Against the War on Terror - the Atlantic
My first attempt at a page - so here we go: The article is a little long but well worth while. I found it to be nicely balanced with interesting excerpts from supporters as well as detractors. Barbara Lee was ...

4 days, 1 hour ago
Views: 396 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 1 • Rating: 5
The War TARDIS
Doctor Who “Listen” Open Thread
I'm back. Last week, I couldn't do this thread, as something more important was going on. One of my best friends, a sweet, and very devout Christian, is going to the UK to help a Christian Group in Oxford, and ...

6 days ago
Views: 363 • Comments: 42
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 3
Rightwingconspirator
Are Higher Frame Rates Really a Better Moving Image in Cinema?
As a guy who scratches the surface of this medium with humble indy efforts and some industrial video experience I have to watch carefully. If I commit to the wrong camera or format, it can hurt financially. Once I had ...

1 week ago
Views: 563 • Comments: 7
Tweets: 25 • Rating: 7
Slap
For guitar fans…
I suppose one needs to be a guitar freak of a certain age to recognize both of these guys. Gabrels' work might be familiar to fans of Bowie/Tin Machine. Nelson's work? I believe him to be one of the most ...

1 week ago
Views: 414 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 1
GlutenFreeJesus
Check your gmail accounts!
Here's the link to the tool. One of mine was on that list, so I changed the password. Good luck! isleaked.com

1 week, 1 day ago
Views: 617 • Comments: 2
Tweets: 0 • Rating: 7
 Frank says:

The concept of the rock-guitar solo in the eightees has pretty much been reduced to: Weedly-weedly-wee, make a face, hold your guitar like it's your weenie, point it heavenward, and look like you're really doing something. Then, you get a big ovation while the the smoke bombs go off, and the motorized lights in your truss twirl around!" -- The Real Frank Zappa Book.