The Bob Cesca Interview: Jacki Schechner, Part IV

Politics • Views: 21,139

MP3 Audio

Jacki Schechner Part IV — NSFW! Jacki Schechner is back for her 4th appearance on the interview show. For newbies, Jacki is from investigaterussia.org, the Stephanie Miller Show, and the forthcoming host of a podcast with Hal Sparks on the Sexy Liberal Podcast Network. She’s also worked at CNN, Current TV, and as the communications director for Health Care for America Now. Follow Jacki on Twitter.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:07:28pm

Woooosh!

Dread Pirate  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:08:49pm
HappyWarrior  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:13:06pm

re: #2 Dread Pirate

Well I for one look forward to hearing how Bolton is a liberal from Fox News.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:16:01pm
I Would Prefer Not To  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:19:53pm

Astros are leading. If it holds, there will be a game 5. Trump will be booed (if he shows up).

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:20:24pm
Dread Pirate  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:21:34pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:26:04pm

This GIF. I’m dying!

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:26:26pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:34:32pm
Charles Johnson  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:39:55pm

One thing Twitter is really good at: showing you how many batshit crazy-ass motherfuckers are out there.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:42:52pm
gocart mozart  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:45:51pm
Dread Pirate  Oct 25, 2019 • 6:50:57pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:02:08pm
GlutenFreeJesus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:03:02pm
goddamnedfrank  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:04:48pm
TedStriker  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:05:18pm

I guessing this pertains to what’s going on with Matt Lauer?

mmmirele  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:06:15pm

You may remember this woman from throwing a fit at the Tucson city have, which gave birth to the laughing green shirt guy meme (here seen with hissy fit Jennifer Harrison).

Well, she was arrested earlier this week for “taking the identity of another,” which is a Class 4 felony in Arizona and *usually* used against undocumented immigrants.

When she was arrested and transferred to a Surprise police station, she told officers she was innocentand did not cooperate with police, the court document says.

“Jennifer created a scene at the PD (police department) and in the booking room because she believes she is above the law and does not want to be treated like a criminal,” the document says.

Police also said she kicked over a trash can and used profanity, the statement says.

According to the probable cause statement, Harrison used the victim’s name, address and club-reward points to make the hotel reservation.

“This was done without (the) knowledge and permission of the victim who is willing to aid in prosecution,” the court document says.

She’s currently out of jail on bail.

azcentral.com

The Ghost of a Flea  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:08:08pm

re: #17 goddamnedfrank

Isn’t it great that this guy has been rolling around the world playing the part of a security consultant?

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:08:32pm

re: #18 TedStriker

I guessing this pertains to what’s going on with Matt Lauer?

yes, and weinstein

jaunte  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:10:02pm

re: #19 mmmirele

Harrison is accused of taking “the identity of another by accessing an elderly victim’s hotel points,” according to a probable cause statement.

A conservative activist scamming the elderly? I wonder how she got that idea.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:10:39pm

re: #20 The Ghost of a Flea

Rudy is totes up on the latest security measures. Totes.

The Ghost of a Flea  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:12:16pm

re: #23 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Rudy is totes up on the latest security measures. Totes.

The man never was. He’s been vaporware all along.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:12:24pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:12:55pm
goddamnedfrank  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:13:40pm

re: #17 goddamnedfrank

wrenchwench  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:15:14pm

re: #19 mmmirele

She’s currently out of jail on bail.

azcentral.com

From there:

…transferred to a Surprise police station…

I love Surprise, AZ.

calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:15:49pm

re: #14 Dread Pirate

And I can confirm that PG&E’s communication about the shut offs still stinks.

We aren’t supposed to lose our power, but my daughter is. They have a generator (aquariums, freezer with breast milk in it) but they are going to be away for the weekend. If the power goes out, I need to go over there (40 miles away) and get the generator set up. Do I need to go over early evening and spend the night? Can I wait until early Sunday? Who knows? PG&E is being vague.

Belafon  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:18:41pm

re: #8 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

This GIF. I’m dying!

I don’t get what she’s talking about, but We Bare Bears is a great show.

The Ghost of a Flea  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:19:56pm

I still can’t condense the thought down, but Rudy is yet another data point in my grand analysis of “reactionaries and fascists seem to think signifiers can substitute for the signified”…in this case, playing the part of “super security expert mayor” when he never had the chops (but was attributed the chops in the post-9/11 hagiographic haze).

I swear, shallowness so shallow it’s weaponizable is the actual nemesis of mankind, hiding behind many masks.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:26:31pm
Rightwingconspirator  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:28:08pm

re: #3 HappyWarrior

Well I for one look forward to hearing how Bolton is a liberal from Fox News.

*sprays drink, grabs towel* lol

Dread Pirate  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:28:47pm
goddamnedfrank  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:30:44pm

re: #29 calochortus

And I can confirm that PG&E’s communication about the shut offs still stinks.

They make plug in monitors that will send out a wifi alert if the socket they’re plugged into goes dead. However they obviously depend on the wifi network they connect to having a battery backup UPS.

I get an alert through the Ecotech Reeflink whenever the main power to the aquarium fails or the return pump gets deliberately switched off. However in an outage that notification depends on having backup AC UPS systems for the Reeflink and the cable modem / wifi router on top of the separate 12 volt DC battery backup for the return pump and powerheads.

Belafon  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:30:53pm

This is pretty accurate commentary on the current state of AI/Machine Learning:

ted.com

While we’ve made pretty good advancements, we’re still not at a real stage where algorithms understands the concept of things.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:33:51pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:34:32pm
goddamnedfrank  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:35:23pm

re: #35 goddamnedfrank

Also, everything in this scenario assumes your ISP has some kind of battery backup solution implemented in the box serving your neighborhood, which is probably a good bet but isn’t exactly guaranteed. I know in the past I’ve experienced outages that lasted long enough to drain the battery backups in the cell towers serving my location.

calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:35:43pm

re: #35 goddamnedfrank

Thanks. We will be able to tell once the power is out (among other things, Comcast apparently is in the outage area and lacks backup, so if daughter and son-in-law can’t remotely access some stuff on their cell phones, we’ll know the power is out.

The problem is that I don’t want to get a call from them at midnight saying I should drive over there and set up the generator. The chances are very good that I’ll just go over and spend the night, so I’m there whenever it happens.

calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:37:22pm

re: #39 goddamnedfrank

Apparently AT&T’s towers have about a 4 hour backup. They went out in the last outage. Verizon is either outside the shut off area or has better backup.

goddamnedfrank  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:37:28pm

re: #40 calochortus

That Tesla Powerwall is looking more and more attractive.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:38:01pm
calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:39:15pm

re: #42 goddamnedfrank

That Tesla Powerwall is looking more and more attractive.

Oh yes, it is. My daughter said they want to do that, but they’re likely moving in the next couple years or so and it doesn’t make sense to spend all that money on their current house.
It’s looking better to me too.

b.d. (Where is Rudy?)  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:42:14pm

re: #3 HappyWarrior

Well I for one look forward to hearing how Bolton is a liberal from Fox News.

lol, it’s already been done.

The Ghost of a Flea  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:42:27pm

So the other night waiting for my torta order I’m actually facing towards a TV for a few minutes.

And “The Masked Singer” is on. Somebody done up as a penguin.

Anyway, I half watch and I’m getting this uncanny feeling that I can’t label. Then my torta turns up and…well, I don’t fucking care about anything else because torta.

But with some extra days under my belt, I realize that the whole fucking show seems like something that would be on TV in the background of a dystopia. I can’t perfectly describe why I say that, but it’s partly the spectacle—fucking panto costumes by way of Alex DeLarge, in that I get this suspicion that murdering and/or fucking might break out at any minute—unto itself, but also the forced enthusiasm and the…fumbling for words…the theater of discovering and being surprised even though there’s nothing surprising about any of it.

Anyway, just chiming in to point out that it’s probably a sign we’re all doomed and/or Alan Moore might be writing the meta-text for reality.

calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:45:46pm

I spent my day at my daughter’s house, looking after my granddaughter. Said granddaughter is not quite 4 months old so there was a lack of intellectual stimulation, so I spent a fair amount of time watching CNN. We don’t have cable at home so I haven’t been able to watch their coverage. I was pleasantly surprised at the sense of inevitability of impeachment, along with pointing out the lack of substance to GOP objections.
Things may be looking up.

calochortus  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:52:17pm

Also, does anyone else get totally grossed out looking at the skin on Trump’s face? His flaccid, puffy, pitted skin. Ewwww. All the makeup in the world won’t make it go away.

wrenchwench  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:53:13pm

re: #47 calochortus

[…]
Things may be looking up.

Down so far, there’s only one way to go. Better look.

Teukka  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:55:23pm
Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:55:24pm

re: #46 The Ghost of a Flea

The judges are so over the top I can’t watch it. I don’t mind the singing, or the entire premise even, but those judges are a complete turn off.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Oct 25, 2019 • 7:55:34pm
HappyWarrior  Oct 25, 2019 • 8:02:06pm

re: #37 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀

Nobel Prize nominee and someone who has been active in DC for years. He’s much more than “anti Trump.” He’s made this area his home.

HappyWarrior  Oct 25, 2019 • 8:03:09pm

re: #45 b.d. (Where is Rudy?)

lol, it’s already been done.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Tucker would have made a great Maoist or Stalinist.

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀  Oct 25, 2019 • 8:06:40pm

Russia will test its internal RuNet network to see whether the country can function without the global internet, the Russian government announced Monday. The tests will begin after Nov. 1, recur at least annually, and possibly more frequently. It’s the latest move in a series of technical and policy steps intended to allow the Russian government to cut its citizens off from the rest of the world.

sagehen  Oct 25, 2019 • 8:36:54pm

and to prevent us from whatever cyber-retaliation we might be considering…

(was it Homeland or Madame Secretary where we blacked out Moscow just to prove we could?)

uriel  Oct 25, 2019 • 10:14:02pm

re: #35 goddamnedfrank

OK- at the sake of sounding stupid- why is this such a concern?

Admittedly, it’s been years since I had a tank over 5-10 gallons (fresh water, mostly for various shrimp, small fish and other small invertebrates) but even when I had 30-50 gallons, I don’t ever recall having any kind of issues with a limited power-outage- to the extent that the conversation around these blackouts is really the first time I ever considered it at all.

Is there something I’m not aware of? Is it mainly an issue with larger tanks? Or is it a saltwater thing? I really perplexed…

Rep. Adam Schiff: Trump’s Potentially Impeachable Offenses Include Bribery : NPR House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., told Morning Edition host Steve Inskeep during an interview at the Capitol on Tuesday that he thinks there's a clear argument to be made that Trump committed "bribery" and "high crimes and ...
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191110Another really satisfying and curious weekend. Last week we reminisced about the tarp and how well it’s been holding up. Well during the week it tore and leaked a bit. Not enough to do damage. We’ll kludge something using both ...
DangerMan (misuser of the sarc tag)
Dan Deacon - Sat by a Tree (Official Video) Dan Deacon - "Sat By A Tree", from 'Mystic Familiar', out 31st January 2020 on Domino Record Co.Please note: Viewers with an aversion to watching close up footage of insects should be advised against viewing this video.Hear Dan Deacon ...
Zero 7 - Somersault (Official Video) Ft. Sia Stream the brand new Special Edition of When It Falls here: smarturl.it 'Somersault', released in 2004, is a single taken from Zero 7's second album 'When It Falls'. The track debuted in the UK charts at #56 and remained ...
Tender Is the Night — Henry Mancini Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Entertainment Tender is the Night · Henry Mancini As Time Goes By ℗ 1992 BMG Music Engineer, Producer: John McClureComposer: Sammy FainComposer: Paul Francis WebsterMixing Engineer: Robert HartMixing Engineer: Grover HelsleyAssociated Performer: The ...
A Facebook Fact-Checker Prepares to Propose a Solution to the Company’s False Ad Debacle New York (CNN Business)One of the companies that Facebook hired to fact-check posts on its platform will propose a change to Facebook's policy allowing politicians to run ads containing falsehoods, CNN Business has learned. Lead Stories, one of the ...
Views: 7,833 • Comments: 0 • Rating: 1
How to Exercise the Power You Didn’t Ask For Yale Law School’s Jack Balkin has invoked these examples and proposed that today’s online platforms become “information fiduciaries.” We are among a number of academics who have been working with policymakers and internet companies to map out what sorts ...
1 week ago
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - BonusI planted a cactus in 2008. Being it's Florida, I don't know why. It was small. It grew. About 10 arms, straight up, probably 10 feet high.Don't have a picture of that.Back in 2017 or so, we managed to prune ...
DangerMan (misuser of the sarc tag)
1 week, 1 day ago
#Thegreatpoolpondconversion - 191103What a satisfying and productive weekend we had.We hit some milestones (which we’re making up as we go) and accomplished some tasks that have drawn out way too long. On Saturday we finally managed to lever the cactus out of ...
DangerMan (misuser of the sarc tag)
1 week, 1 day ago