An apology was posted Saturday by a Christian journal that had published and republished an anonymous essay on its blog saying that Jews killed Jesus and deserve God’s punishment.
“Firstly, we apologize for inadequate editorial oversight in the publishing and re-publishing of this blog post,” wrote Aaron Gyde, editor-in-chief of the Harvard Ichthus, which is run by Harvard College undergraduates.
The publication’s apology took the place of the essay “Why Us?” which was written by an anonymous Jewish convert to Christianity and posted on the Ichthus website Wednesday. The author, who remained anonymous due to concern of personal attacks, wrote, “We, the Jews, collectively rejected God and hung Him up on a cross to die, and thus we deserved the punishments that were heaped on our heads over the last 2000 years.”
Gyde wrote the apology on behalf of the Ichthus editorial board, adding in thoughts from the author of the controversial essay.
“While this does not excuse the post of responsibility, it was not the intent of the writer, nor the Ichthus, to present a piece that is anti-Semitic in nature or in interpretation,” the apology stated. “The writer holds nothing but love for his heritage and feels very deeply for the welfare of the Jewish people. The blog was not intended to communicate animosity, but concern and a sincere desire to communicate the necessity of salvation through Jesus Christ alone.”
The essay was originally removed from the website, edited, and reposted Friday morning, when the author wrote that he or she was looking “to warn my beloved Jewish friends and family of the judgment that lies ahead.”
The essay was removed again Friday, this time permanently.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The NYPD is looking into a series of attacks on Jews in Brooklyn. At least one attack was caught on surveillance tape.
Some of the assaults may be part of a disturbing game, CBS 2’s John Slattery reported on Tuesday.
Police have yet to connect all the incidents, but released surveillance video that shows one group attacking a Jewish man. The video shows from a few different angles the victim, a man in a hooded jacket, getting punched.
One man who didn’t want to be identified told Slattery his 12-year-old son was attacked in the same way.
“It’s clearly anti-Semitism,” the man said.
The 64-year-old said his son, who was dressed in traditional Jewish clothing, was attacked last Wednesday afternoon on President Street.
“One, full strength with his fist, whacked him, punched him, on the side of the face, full force,” the man said.
The child went to the ground as he heard the group of five to six teens yell out.
“A hysterical, happy shout, ‘We got him,’” the man said.
Video also shows a 19-year-old Jewish man being sucker-punched.
The Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) in the United Arab Emirates, which reportedly attracted 1 million visitors from across the region, featured several infamous anti-Semitic books, including the notorious anti-Semitic forgery, The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.
The ten-day book fair, which concluded last week, was organized by Department of Culture and Information — Sharjah Government. The mission of the fair, according to organizers, is “to cultivate the love for literature among people by enriching their experience of the written word.”
Does the Emirate of Sharjah believe that promoting hate literature contributes to this mission?
The anti-Semitic books for sale at the fair were listed alongside mainstream books in various categories. For example, The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion was listed in the “Political Science” category. Among the other anti-Semitic books featured at the fair were:
- Blood for The Pie of Zion (The Jewish District) by Najib Al Gailany. This novel tells a story of a Christian priest from Damascus who was abducted by the Jews in order to use his blood for Jewish rituals. The story details how Jews danced and celebrated while Rabbis drain the blood of the elderly catholic priest. The book was listed in the "Novels" category and sold for 15 AED, or approximately $4.
- The Jews and the Secret Movements in the Crusades by Baha Al-Amir. The book, which suggests that the Jews played a role in the Crusades, includes an introduction in which the author claims that "God the almighty declares in his statement to the people that all wars were started by Jews." The book was listed in the "International Affairs" category and sold for 50 AED (approximately $14).
- Human Sacrifices and Talmudic Slaughtering by Jews and Pagans by Fathi Muhammad Zughbi. The book was listed in the "Faith" category and sold for 83 AED (approximately $14).
- Mein Kampf by Adolf Hilter. This book was listed in the "General knowledge" category and sold for 20 AED (approximately $5).
This is a basic list for convenient reference. The linked items go to their respective Wikipedia pages. For additional info on each section, footnotes, etc. please refer to the original Wikipedia entry. As for the itesms that don’t have links, I’d start with the SPLC’s search tool, Intelligence Files, or Hate Map for more info.
For some reason the SPLC’s info on Anti-Immigrant groups, the Patriot Movement, and the Sovereign Citizens Movement has been omitted. I didn’t comb through every detail on Wikipedia’s list, so it’s possible that one or more of them may actually be listed in the “Other” category or something.
Additionally, I was unable to locate a “Black Supremacy” category in the Ideology section of the SPLC’s Intelligence Files, however I was able to find references to the three groups mentioned in the Wikipedia list by using their search tool.
IOW, what I’m saying is that I’m providing you with a (hopefully) convenient starting point, but keep in mind that it’s not exhaustive and I haven’t pored over every associated link & footnote—if you want that kind of detail & accuracy, then you’ll have to seek it out for yourself.
I’ll do my best to update this Page as time permits.
- Abiding Truth Ministries, (see also Scott Lively)
- American Family Association
- American Vision
- Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
- Bethesda Christian Institute
- Chalcedon Foundation
- Faithful Word Baptist Church
- Family Research Council
- Family Research Institute
- Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment (H.O.M.E.)
- Illinois Family Institute
- Mission: America
- Parents Action League
- Public Advocate of the United States (see Eugene Delgaudio)
- Sons of Thundr (Faith Baptist Church)
- Tom Brown Ministries
- Traditional Values Coalition
- True Light Pentecost Church
- United Families International
- Westboro Baptist Church
- Windsor Hills Baptist Church
- You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International
- 9/11 Christian Center at Ground Zero
- Aggressive Christianity
- Atlas Shrugs (a blog by Pamela Geller)
- Bare Naked Islam
- Barnhardt Capital Management, Inc.
- Casa D'Ice Signs
- Christian Action Network
- Christian Guardians
- Christian Phalange
- Citizen Warrior
- Concerned American Citizens
- Concerned Citizens for the First Amendment
- Escaping Islam
- Faith Freedom
- Freedom Defense Initiative (FDI)
- Insight USA
- Islam: Making a True Difference in the World – One Body at a Time
- Islam: the Religion of Peace (and a big stack of dead bodies)
- Jihad Watch
- Political Islam
- Radio Jihad
- Sharia Awareness Action Network
- Silver Bullet Gun Oil
- Stop Islamization of America (SIOA)
- Sultan Knish (a blog by Daniel Greenfield)
- Tennessee Freedom Coalition
- The American Defense League
- The United West
- United States Justice Foundation
- 11th Hour Remnant Messenger
- Abundant Life Fellowship
- America's Promise Ministries
- By Yahweh's Design
- Christian Identity Church – Aryan Nations
- Christ's Gospel Fellowship
- Church of Jesus Christ (Arkansas)
- Church of Jesus Christ Christian, Aryan Nations of Missouri
- Church of the Sons of YHWH
- Church of True Israel
- Covenant People's Ministry
- Ecclesiastical Council for the Restoration of Covenant Israel
- Fellowship of God's Covenant People
- First Century Christian Ministries
- Kingdom Identity Ministries
- Kinsman Redeemer Ministries
- Mission to Israel
- Non-Universal Teaching Ministries
- Reformed Church of Israel
- Scriptures for America Ministries
- Shepherd's Call Ministries, The
- The Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations
- The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord
- United Church of YHWH
- Virginia Publishing Company
- Watchmen Bible Study Group
- Weisman Publications
- Yahweh's Truth
Ku Klux Klan
- Aryan Nations Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Association of Georgia Klans Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Association of Independent Klansmen Knights Of The Ku Klux Klan
- Bayou Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Brotherhood of Klans Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Dixie Rangers Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Empire Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, The
- Fraternal White Knights of the KKK
- Imperial Klans of America
- International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Knight Riders Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (W. Va.)
- Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Ku Klux Klan/KKK
- Mississippi White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- M.A.C.S. Klan Merchandise
- Mountain State Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- National Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Original Knights of America Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Supreme White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Traditional Christian Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- True Invisible Empire Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- United Knights of Tennessee KKK
- United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- United Realms of America Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- United White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Virgil's White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- National Alliance
- National Socialist American Labor Party
- National Socialist Aryan Order
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nebraska)
- National Socialist Movement
- National Vanguard Books
- Nationalist Coalition
- SS Regalia
- White Brothers of America
- White Knights of America
- White Revolution
White Power Music
- Diehard Records
- Desastrious Records
- DJ GOR
- Fetch the Rope
- Final Stand Records
- Get Some 88
- Heritage Connection
- ISD Records
White Power Skinheads
- Confederate Hammerskins, Midland Hammerskins, Northern Hammerskins, Western Hammerskins
- Independent Skins Southwest
- Keystone United
- Maryland State Skinheads
- Old Glory Skinheads
- Retaliator Skinhead Nation
- Skinhead Stormtroopers
- Supreme White Alliance
- United Society of Aryan Skinheads
Radical Traditional Catholicism
- American Nationalist Union
- American Renaissance/New Century Foundation
- American Third Position
- Alternative Right
- Aryan Wear
- Barnes Review/Foundation for Economic Liberty, Inc.
- Bay Area National Anarchists
- British National Party Overseas Unit
- Center for Perpetual Diversity
- Charles Darwin Research Institute
- Council for Social and Economic Studies
- Council of Conservative Citizens
- Do Right Foundation
- East Coast White Unity
- Euro Pride Apparel
- European American Issues Forum
- European Americans United
- European-American Unity and Rights Organization
- Folk and Faith
- Free American
- Free Edgar Steele
- Freedom 14
- H.L. Mencken Club, led by Paul Gottfried
- Iron Rain Nationalists
- Kinist Institute, The
- League of American Patriots, The
- National Policy Institute
- Nationalist Movement
- New Century Productions – A Conversation About Race
- North East White Pride
- Northern Voice Bookstore
- Occidental Quarterly/Charles Martel Society
- Pacifica Forum
- Patriotic Flags
- Pioneer Fund
- Proud Aryan Brothers
- Racial Nationalist Party of America
- Redneck Shop
- Representative Government Education Foundation
- Scott-Townsend Publishers
- Temple 88
- The Fitzgerald Griffin Foundation
- The Political Cesspool
- Tip of the Spear Consulting Services
- VDARE Foundation
- Vinland Folk Resistance
- Voice of Reason Broadcast Network
- Washington Summit Publishers
- White Boy Society
- White Christian Soldiers
- White Ethnic Preservation Coalition
- Women for Aryan Unity (Headquarters USA Chapter)/Sigrdrifa (publishing)
- White Pride Home School Resource Center
- WTM Enterprises
- White Student Union
- Youth for Western Civilization
- a2z Publications
- American Free Press
- Artisan Publishers
- Army of God
- Masjid Al-Islam
- Jamaat al Muslimeen
- Bill Keller Ministries
- Chick Publications
- Christian Anti-Defamation Commission
- Christian Books and Things
- The Church at Kaweah
- Cross Bearer Ministry
- Crusaders for Yahweh
- Cultural Studies Press
- The Dakota Voice
- Dove World Outreach Center
- Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints
- Geauga Constitutional Patriot
- Georgia Militia (modern)
- God Bless America
- HIT Movement (Native American)
- Holy Nation of Odin
- Jewish Defense League
- Jewish Task Force
- Kach and Kahane Chai
- National Prayer Network
- Oath Keepers
- Official Street Preachers
- Ozark Craft LC
- Power of Prophecy
- Reformation-Bible Puritan-Baptist Church
- Repent or Burn in Hell Ministry
- Society for the Practical Establishment and Perpetuation of the Ten Commandments
- Sons of Aesir Motorcycle Club
- Tea Party Nation
- Tony Alamo Christian Ministries
- Truth Triumphant
- Voz de Aztlan
- World Net Daily
A “7 Deadly Sins Halloween Party” held in D.C. Saturday night featured dreidels and gold coins in its “greed” room.
“I was very offended. I just thought it was completely inappropriate,” said a partygoer who didn’t wish to be identified.
The event was sponsored by LivingSocial, a website offering discount deals at area businesses. The Oct. 26 party was billed as a “treat yo self to a night of tricks — and sins — at the annual 7 Deadly Sins Halloween Party, a six-floor extravaganza” and was held at LivingSocial’s 918 F Street space in northwest D.C.
For $59, a person was invited to “indulge in a silent disco, movie screening” and fun in seven different rooms. Each room’s theme revolved around a sin, including lust, pride, wrath, gluttony, envy, sloth and greed.
The greed room was described as “a shimmering room full of silver and gold” in which people “get greedy challenging friends to a plethora of games.” Decorating the tables in that room were dreidels surrounded by gold coins, according to one woman who attended.
Kevin Nolan, of LivingSocial’s publicity department, apologized. “We have looked into it and determined that the inclusion of dreidels with the other games in the gaming room was not a smart choice, and we are very sorry to have upset anyone. Certainly this behavior does not reflect who we are as a company.”
The customer who complained was “offered a full refund and explained that any offense was unintended” and was given a sincere apology, Nolan said.
The upset partygoer said she considered the room’s decorations “clearly anti-Semitic” and that although she has enjoyed other LivingSocial events, like cooking classes and wine tastings, she has no intention of ever attending another one of the company’s events again.
“It just really was not appropriate at all.”
This Halloween, treat yo’ self to a night of tricks — and sins — at the annual 7 Deadly Sins Halloween Party, a six-floor extravaganza including seven themed cocktails, snacks, and unique entertainment. On Saturday, October 26, seven rooms inside LivingSocial’s 918 F Street space will be transformed to represent each of the deadly sins; you’ll also indulge in a silent disco, movie screening, and so much more.
Choose from the following offers:
• $59 for General Admission for one
• $79 for VIP admission for one with one-hour early entry and two additional full cocktails
7 deadly rooms
Lust: This sultry room will feature a burlesque show that we’ll enjoy while sipping on a Lustini cocktail.
Pride: Drink a Cockytail vodka creation and dance the night away in a silent disco with a battle of the DJs hosted by Silent Storm — with your vote for the winner tallied using light-up headphones.
Wrath: Get your rage on during live superhero vs. zombie battles presented by American Parkour Academy (expect lots of flips and tricks!) while taking a Shot to the Face jello shot.
Gluttony: In the state-of-the-art demo kitchen, feast your eyes and stomach on a gourmet paradise of sweets, paired with a Sweet as Sin cocktail shooter.
Envy: Sip on a Green Monster cocktail while dancing to beats by DJ EPX in this room that glows green with envy.
Sloth: Kick back on a couch, watch Dracula, and stuff your face with handfuls of snacks available for purchase. Wash it down with the Sloshed Sloth cocktail.
Greed: In this shimmering room full of silver and gold [DREIDELS!], we’ll get greedy challenging friends to a plethora of games, all while sipping on a Midas Touch cocktail.
See more at: viciousbabushka.com
My new Think Again column is called “Heads, the Tea Party Wins; Tails, the Tea Party Wins.”
Here, unfortunately (and foolishly in my view) behind a paywall for now, is my Nation column, The “I Hate Israel Handbook.” A few words of explanation and clarification if I may:
When I was asked to do my column about Max Blumenthal’s book, Goliath, I was of two minds. On the one hand, I like to be a team player. But on the other, whenever I criticize BDS types, I apparently invite an avalanche of personal invective from its fans. (This happens when I criticize neocons on Israel as well, but to be honest, the BDS types appear to have more time on their hands for this kind of thing.) Second, I’ve known the author’s parents since he was a little boy, and whatever the quality of the book, I expected that my honest views of it might threaten three decades of friendly relations.
What tipped my decision was when I was informed that The Nation magazine would be publishing an excerpt. I don’t feel personally implicated by what Nation Books publishes—it does not reflect on me in the eyes of anyone I know—but the magazine is different. I’ve been writing here for more than thirty years and regularly as a columnist for nearly twenty. Hence I feel a deep sense of both loyalty and personal and professional identification. I don’t want people to have the impression that the reflexive anti-Zionism of some of its contributors is its only voice on the issue— one that is as important to me as any.
The complication arose when I finally received the book. I expected to disagree with its analysis. I did not expect it to be remotely as awful as it is. Had the magazine not published its excerpt, it would have been easy to ignore. It is no exaggeration to say that this book could have been published by the Hamas Book-of-the-Month Club (if it existed) without a single word change once it’s translated into Arabic. (Though to be fair, Blumenthal should probably add some anti-female, anti-gay arguments for that.) Goliath is a propaganda tract, not an argument as it does not even consider alternative explanations for the anti-Israel conclusions it reaches on every page. Its implicit equation of Israel with Nazis is also particularly distasteful to any fair-minded individual. And its larding of virtually every sentence with pointless adjectives designed to demonstrate the author’s distaste for his subject is as amateurish as it is ineffective. As I said, arguments this simplistic and one-sided do the Palestinians no good. There will be no Palestinian state unless Israel agrees to it. And if these are the views of the people with whom Israelis of good will are expected to agree, well, you can hardly blame them for not trusting them.
Here are a few points about the book I did not have a chance to make in column:
1) Here, I kid you not, is the definition Blumenthal quotes of the substance of Israel’s “fascism”:
What it really is, is a feeling that you have sitting on a bus being afraid to speak Arabic with your Palestinian friends. It’s a feeling when you are sitting there having dinner—what you feel when you’re alive here. It’s the essence of what this society is. And the closer we get to the brink—and everyone is feeling that we’re getting to the breaking point—the worse it gets.
Yep, that’s “fascism” alright. You can look it up.
If anyone still harbors any doubts about Geert Wilders’ Nazi sympathies, they need to read this and start facing reality.
A row has broken out over four MPs of Geert Wilders’s Freedom Party who wore badges in the Dutch parliament this week featuring a well-known neo-Nazi insignia which has links to the country’s infamous national socialist party of the 1930s.
The display came on Thursday after exchanges the previous day when the leader of the centre-left D66 party, Alexander Pechtold, called on Mr Wilders to distance himself from extremists who waved the Prinsen flag and gave Nazi salutes at a Freedom Party rally in The Hague last weekend. […]
Related to my previous Page about his alliance with Marine Le Pen:
Spats in parliament featuring Geert Wilders are nothing new, but his exchanges with Mr Pechtold were unusually bad-tempered and vitriolic.
When Mr Pechtold asked how he felt about Ms Le Pen’s belief that “Jewish skull caps should be banned”, Mr Wilders replied by describing Mr Pechtold as “a sad, miserable, hypocritical, little man” whose question was “too miserable to be taken seriously”.
The Freedom Party leader said he was “proud” of last weekend’s rally, and “proud of everyone who attended it”. […]
The rest of the article is about Wilders’ denial of anti-Semitism, despite the clearly anti-Semitic props & symbols that surround him and the words & behavior of his party’s supporters. It reminds me of the American far-right and their denial of racism & Islamophobia, as if everyone is supposed to disregard their open associations with racists & bigots, not to mention the words & images employed in the rallies, speeches, flyers, emails, etc. intended to support them.
For anyone who isn’t familiar with the Prinsen flag mentioned in the article—I wasn’t—here’s the Wiki page for it.
Media Research Center’s Noel Sheppard has once again used an image that he previously admitted was “anti-Semitic.”
In a post on the MRC’s NewsBuster’s blog discussing comments from former President Bill Clinton about the Republican Party’s “media base,” Associate Editor Noel Sheppard used the following Photoshopped image of politicians laughing:
Newsbusters used the same image, which is steeped in anti-Semitic imagery, in May 2012 in a post also written by Sheppard.
As noted at the time, in the manipulated photo President Obama’s tie has a Jewish Star of David design, and the Israeli flag has been added to the tie of former Sen. Joe Lieberman. An Israeli flag pin has also been added to Obama’s lapel.
The creator of the images describes the Holocaust as a “scam” on their website, and has several other images with anti-Semitic and conspiratorial themes on display.
After Media Matters pointed this out, Newsbusters removed the image and added an editorial note from Sheppard that said “the original article included a doctored picture of Obama and others that turned out to have anti-Semitic imagery that I didn’t notice when I incorporated it into the piece.”
Nearly a year and a half later, the same writer has used the same image on the same website.
Virginia GOP kicks off “Constitution Day” festivities with a “Jew Joke” about how Teh Juice loves Teh Moneys a whole bunch. Classy.