1 GeneJockey  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:14:51pm

Today, two weeks before my 56th birthday, I decided to ride >56 miles. Today’s ride: 58.8 miles in 3:47. A long ride, but you can tell you haven’t gone too far if you can swing your leg back over the saddle, and carry the bike up the steps!

Back when I was 40, riding my age wasn’t such a big deal, but it’s more of a challenge every year! I don’t expect to do it when I’m 95, for example, even if I AM still alive and kicking!

I took my oldest bike, the Ritchey Road Logic I got back in 1997. It might not have as many gears, but I feel more of a unity between man and machine riding it than my other bikes.

BTW, it helps that I’ve lost 29 lb from my disturbingly high peak weight! I’m still a fat old guy on a bike, but just a little less fat. Still old, though. No diet for that, yet.

2 Bubblehead II  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:15:07pm

Going to have to be edited to reflect the new FAA rules regarding electronic devices allowed to be used during landing and take off.

Other than that, this video will be ignored after the new car smell has worn off.

FAA allowing most electronic device use throughout flights

3 Justanotherhuman  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:17:48pm

Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting

hosted.ap.org

4 b_sharp  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:18:13pm

re: #1 GeneJockey

Happy upcoming BD.

I turned 58 a couple of months ago and I’m just happy when I can get out of bed with not too much joint pain.

5 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:20:58pm

Are there any nuns that still dress like that? They should have shown a Muslim lady in an abaya. They probably fly more frequently than nuns wearing the full habit.

6 Justanotherhuman  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:28:55pm

I haven’t been on a plane in 40 yrs. I doubt I’ll ever set foot on another one.

I actually love train travel much better.

7 freetoken  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:34:07pm

If only airplane seating was that spacious.

8 b_sharp  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:38:57pm

re: #7 freetoken

If only airplane seating was that spacious.

If only airplanes were real and not a scientific fraud.

Flying in the air. Yah right.

How gullible do they think we are?

9 Charles Johnson  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:42:29pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

10 Charles Johnson  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:46:13pm

Who knew a video like this would stir up such strong feelings?

11 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:46:51pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

Srsly dude WTF.

I enjoyed the video, although I think they should have shown a Muslim lady instead of the “Sound of Music” nun.

12 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:47:59pm

Airline safety videos should only be done by Steven Seagal.

13 AlexRogan  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:48:06pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

Sounds like that “retired flight attendant” needs to stop yelling at people to get off their lawn and lighten the fuck up.

14 goddamnedfrank  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:48:35pm

re: #3 Justanotherhuman

Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting

hosted.ap.org

Which of course means that George Soros was right there, invisible, feeding him, like Col. Mandrake fed Gen. Jack Ripper.

15 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:49:34pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

To the retiree…

Youtube Video

16 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:50:15pm

Seems Glenn Greenwald wasn’t enough for Brazil, since they went an let another overprivileged douchecanoe into the country:

Justin Bieber identified by his tattoo as he tries to ‘sneak out of brothel covered by bedsheets’ while on tour in Brazil

And just to complete the picture, Bieber cut a show short because someone threw a water bottle onto the stage, a display of self-important disrespect to his fans that even Ted Nugent knows is a bad idea.

Apt line: “You see that little light that just started blinking in the corner of your eye? That’s your Career Dissipation Light, and it just went into overdrive.”

Alderman Martin Swayzak (J.T Walsh), Backdraft (1991)

17 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:52:18pm

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

18 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:53:17pm

re: #17 b.d.

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

Greenwald is totally jealous that Bieber is more popular than he is even though GLENN IS A BETTER JOURNALIST THAN JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!

19 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:53:51pm

re: #17 b.d.

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

Impossible. I’ve never heard of a concert stadium big enough to hold two egos of that colossal size.

20 alpuz  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:54:14pm

re: #17 b.d.

Who do you think lobbed the water bottle?

21 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:54:58pm

re: #20 alpuz

Who do you think lobbed the water bottle?

Hahahaha

22 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:55:32pm

re: #18 Vicious Babushka

Greenwald: “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.”

23 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:57:40pm

Greenwald: “I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.”

24 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:57:56pm

Thunderdome: Greenwald vs. Bieber

Two egos enter, 1 ego leaves!

25 jaunte  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:58:17pm

Now someone’s going to ask her about carrying honey onto a plane

26 Lidane  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:59:18pm

Ted Cruz is apparently going on Leno this week. The Crazy meeting The Unfunny. It’s going to suck.

27 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:01:36pm

Greenwald, “I can introduce you to Daniel Ellsberg over Skype”

28 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:02:03pm

Now someone’s going to ask her about carrying honey onto a plane

Someone actually did, and now SyFy is planning a TV movie about someone carrying honey onto a plane only to have it attract Africanized honeybees.

29 Lidane  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:02:08pm

re: #22 Kragar

Greenwald: “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.”

Reading your post made me think of this:

Youtube Video

30 Dancing along the light of day  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:03:13pm

It’s just funny!

31 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:05:12pm

HURR HURR DETH PANELZ!!!!!

I had great cancer doctors and health insurance.My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I’ll live.

Maybe UHC cut this person’s shit policy so the UHC CEO can continue to be the highest-paid healthcare CEO of all time?

32 sunnygal  Mon, Nov 4, 2013 9:42:01am

re: #31 Vicious Babushka

UHC is withdrawing, altogether, from insuring people in CA - something that happens with some regularity (insurers withdrawing from an area). The problem is the unavailability of insurance companies that cover people in a state, no matter where they live in that state. This is the way insurance companies operate under Medicare. Policies offered to those living in a more populated area 60 miles from me are not available where I live, seriously lessening my choices (only one company offers a Medicare Advantage policy that covers the doctors AND HOSPITAL from whom I get my medical care and, of course, the cost for its policy is more than the other 3 companies that offer Medicare Advantage, two of which are HMOs). I suspect the insurers had everything to do with the law being written this way.

Until we get the money out of politics (it will never happen, IMO), so that our representatives actually represent us and not the corporations with lobbyists, we are screwed - in all areas, not just health care.

The New Respects - Come as You AreMusic video by The New Respects performing Come As You Are. (C) 2017 Credential Recordings vevo.ly
The Isley Brothers, Santana - I Remember (Audio)Music video by The Isley Brothers, Santana performing I Remember (Audio). (P)(C) 2017 Starfaith, LLC and RI Top Ten, LLC, under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertainment vevo.ly
They Kept Us as Slaves: AP Reveals Claims Against ChurchThey kept us as slaves: AP reveals claims against church SPINDALE, N.C. (AP) -- When Andre Oliveira answered the call to leave his Word of Faith Fellowship congregation in Brazil to move to the mother church in North Carolina at ...
Shiplord Kirel, live from behind wingnut lines
Stranger Things Season II Trailer The first trailer for Stranger Things 2 is here. It’s 1984 and the citizens of Hawkins, Indiana are still reeling from the horrors of the demogorgon and the secrets of Hawkins Lab. Will Byers has been rescued from the ...
‘Silent Coup’: Limbaugh Says ?!?! In an impassioned commentary, Rush Limbaugh said he believes the Washington establishment - both Democrats and Republicans - are involved in a "silent coup" against President Trump. Silent coup? Wrong and wrong. As silent as Rachael Maddow, Keith Olberman ...
Unshaken Defiance
Immigration: Focus LocallyIn these days of Trump and the Republicans attacking everything decent about America, it's too easy to focus on the immediate threat. Trump's Muslim band is back, but everyone is paying attention to the Republicans trying to steal our healthcare. ...
jhncsy
‘Submit to Your Husbands’: Women Told to Endure Domestic Violence in the Name of God (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) The culprits were obvious: it was the menopause or the devil. Who else could be blamed, Peter screamed at his wife in nightly tirades, for her alleged insubordination, for her stupidity, her lack of sexual pliability, her refusal to ...
Birth Control Works
1 week ago
West Virginia Families, Just Learning About Health-Care Access, Fear It Will Be Taken Away - Rewire In Vienna, West Virginia—just north of Parkersburg, along the Ohio River separating the two states—the only Planned Parenthood health center in the state sits among a scattering of gray and tan buildings beside the main road. A few days ...
Birth Control Works
1 week ago
Trump Election Commissioner Used Dubious Data to Allege an “Alien Invasion” - Mother Jones Election officials and experts say there’s plenty of reason to doubt those claims.But they could still provide a blueprint for Trump’s commission, which has so far hinted at tighter restrictions on voting in the name of cracking down on ...
1 week, 1 day ago
Inside the Middle East’s First Rape & Domestic Violence Crisis Program For the last year and a half, there’s been a new sight in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Lodged into stacks of newspapers, stuck to mirrors in restaurant bathrooms, and pinned to grocery store notice boards are small, blue-and-white fliers ...
Birth Control Works