1 GeneJockey  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:14:51pm

Today, two weeks before my 56th birthday, I decided to ride >56 miles. Today’s ride: 58.8 miles in 3:47. A long ride, but you can tell you haven’t gone too far if you can swing your leg back over the saddle, and carry the bike up the steps!

Back when I was 40, riding my age wasn’t such a big deal, but it’s more of a challenge every year! I don’t expect to do it when I’m 95, for example, even if I AM still alive and kicking!

I took my oldest bike, the Ritchey Road Logic I got back in 1997. It might not have as many gears, but I feel more of a unity between man and machine riding it than my other bikes.

BTW, it helps that I’ve lost 29 lb from my disturbingly high peak weight! I’m still a fat old guy on a bike, but just a little less fat. Still old, though. No diet for that, yet.

2 Bubblehead II  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:15:07pm

Going to have to be edited to reflect the new FAA rules regarding electronic devices allowed to be used during landing and take off.

Other than that, this video will be ignored after the new car smell has worn off.

FAA allowing most electronic device use throughout flights

3 Justanotherhuman  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:17:48pm

Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting

hosted.ap.org

4 b_sharp  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:18:13pm

re: #1 GeneJockey

Happy upcoming BD.

I turned 58 a couple of months ago and I’m just happy when I can get out of bed with not too much joint pain.

5 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:20:58pm

Are there any nuns that still dress like that? They should have shown a Muslim lady in an abaya. They probably fly more frequently than nuns wearing the full habit.

6 Justanotherhuman  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:28:55pm

I haven’t been on a plane in 40 yrs. I doubt I’ll ever set foot on another one.

I actually love train travel much better.

7 freetoken  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:34:07pm

If only airplane seating was that spacious.

8 b_sharp  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:38:57pm

re: #7 freetoken

If only airplane seating was that spacious.

If only airplanes were real and not a scientific fraud.

Flying in the air. Yah right.

How gullible do they think we are?

9 Charles Johnson  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:42:29pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

10 Charles Johnson  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:46:13pm

Who knew a video like this would stir up such strong feelings?

11 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:46:51pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

Srsly dude WTF.

I enjoyed the video, although I think they should have shown a Muslim lady instead of the “Sound of Music” nun.

12 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:47:59pm

Airline safety videos should only be done by Steven Seagal.

13 AlexRogan  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:48:06pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

Sounds like that “retired flight attendant” needs to stop yelling at people to get off their lawn and lighten the fuck up.

14 goddamnedfrank  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:48:35pm

re: #3 Justanotherhuman

Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting

hosted.ap.org

Which of course means that George Soros was right there, invisible, feeding him, like Col. Mandrake fed Gen. Jack Ripper.

15 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:49:34pm

A retired flight attendant doesn’t think very highly of this approach:

To the retiree…

Youtube Video

16 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:50:15pm

Seems Glenn Greenwald wasn’t enough for Brazil, since they went an let another overprivileged douchecanoe into the country:

Justin Bieber identified by his tattoo as he tries to ‘sneak out of brothel covered by bedsheets’ while on tour in Brazil

And just to complete the picture, Bieber cut a show short because someone threw a water bottle onto the stage, a display of self-important disrespect to his fans that even Ted Nugent knows is a bad idea.

Apt line: “You see that little light that just started blinking in the corner of your eye? That’s your Career Dissipation Light, and it just went into overdrive.”

Alderman Martin Swayzak (J.T Walsh), Backdraft (1991)

17 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:52:18pm

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

18 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:53:17pm

re: #17 b.d.

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

Greenwald is totally jealous that Bieber is more popular than he is even though GLENN IS A BETTER JOURNALIST THAN JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!

19 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:53:51pm

re: #17 b.d.

I bet Greenwald was at that Bieber concert.

Impossible. I’ve never heard of a concert stadium big enough to hold two egos of that colossal size.

20 alpuz  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:54:14pm

re: #17 b.d.

Who do you think lobbed the water bottle?

21 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:54:58pm

re: #20 alpuz

Who do you think lobbed the water bottle?

Hahahaha

22 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:55:32pm

re: #18 Vicious Babushka

Greenwald: “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.”

23 Kragar  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:57:40pm

Greenwald: “I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.”

24 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:57:56pm

Thunderdome: Greenwald vs. Bieber

Two egos enter, 1 ego leaves!

25 jaunte  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:58:17pm

Now someone’s going to ask her about carrying honey onto a plane

26 Lidane  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 5:59:18pm

Ted Cruz is apparently going on Leno this week. The Crazy meeting The Unfunny. It’s going to suck.

27 b.d.  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:01:36pm

Greenwald, “I can introduce you to Daniel Ellsberg over Skype”

28 Dark_Falcon  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:02:03pm

Now someone’s going to ask her about carrying honey onto a plane

Someone actually did, and now SyFy is planning a TV movie about someone carrying honey onto a plane only to have it attract Africanized honeybees.

29 Lidane  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:02:08pm

re: #22 Kragar

Greenwald: “I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal.”

Reading your post made me think of this:

Youtube Video

30 Dancing along the light of day  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:03:13pm

It’s just funny!

31 Vicious Babushka  Sun, Nov 3, 2013 6:05:12pm

HURR HURR DETH PANELZ!!!!!

I had great cancer doctors and health insurance.My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I’ll live.

Maybe UHC cut this person’s shit policy so the UHC CEO can continue to be the highest-paid healthcare CEO of all time?

32 sunnygal  Mon, Nov 4, 2013 9:42:01am

re: #31 Vicious Babushka

UHC is withdrawing, altogether, from insuring people in CA - something that happens with some regularity (insurers withdrawing from an area). The problem is the unavailability of insurance companies that cover people in a state, no matter where they live in that state. This is the way insurance companies operate under Medicare. Policies offered to those living in a more populated area 60 miles from me are not available where I live, seriously lessening my choices (only one company offers a Medicare Advantage policy that covers the doctors AND HOSPITAL from whom I get my medical care and, of course, the cost for its policy is more than the other 3 companies that offer Medicare Advantage, two of which are HMOs). I suspect the insurers had everything to do with the law being written this way.

Until we get the money out of politics (it will never happen, IMO), so that our representatives actually represent us and not the corporations with lobbyists, we are screwed - in all areas, not just health care.

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now? (Official Music Video) Watch the official music video for "How Soon Is Now"Amazon: po.stiTunes: po.stGoogle: po.stFacebook: po.st "How Soon Is Now?" was originally a B-side of the 1984 single "William, It Was Really Nothing". "How Soon Is Now?" was featured on the ...
2017 Hurricanes and Aerosols Simulation This is fascinating, I recommend full screen How can you see the atmosphere? By tracking what is carried on the wind. Tiny aerosol particles such as smoke, dust, and sea salt are transported across the globe, making visible weather ...
Incredibles 2 Official Teaser Trailer The teaser trailer for "Incredibles 2" is here. Disney/Pixar's "Incredibles 2" opens in theatres in 3D June 15th, 2018. Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is ...
2 days, 1 hour ago
Deadpool’s “Wet on Wet” Teaser After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice ...
Voice of America Reporter Outed as Alt-Right However, using information Fatzick himself posted on Reddit — including his age, girlfriend’s name, former employers, friends, location, educational background, and sports affiliations — this reporter was able to tie the vile posts of UncleSam4200 to the Voice of ...
Gary Clark Jr - Come Together (Official Music Video) [From the Justice League Movie Soundtrack] Official Video for "Come Together" by Gary Clark Jr. featured in the Justice League Movie trailer. In theaters November 17th 2017.Directed by Kris Merc Get the song now at garyclarkjr.com Check out the Justice League soundtrack here: lnk.to Follow ...
1 week ago
Kimbra - Top of the World (Official Music Video)New from Kimbra The new single Top of the World is available now on Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, and more. Get the single here - kmbra.me The new studio album Primal Heart out wwide January 19th, 2018Preorder now - ...
1 week, 1 day ago
The Barr Brothers - Song That I Heard (Live on KEXP) kexp.org presents The Barr Brothers performing "Song That I Heard" live at Breakglass Studios during POP Montreal 2017. Recorded September 16, 2017. Audio Engineer: James BenjaminCameras: Jim Beckmann, Ian Cameron & Scott HolpainenEditor: Jim Beckmann kexp.orgpopmontreal.combreakglass.ca With support from ...
Left Cries Foul, but Electoral College Prevents Tyranny of the Majority I'm speechless...this is what we have to fight against: Image: constitution-1486010_960_720.jpg Author: Paul Jenkins(Paul Jenkins is editor of the anchoragedailyplanet.com, a division of Porcaro Communications) The political left and its mouthpiece, The New York Times, are still fuming over ...
Cheechako
Tune-Yards - Look at Your Hands (Official Video) 'Look at Your Hands' by Tune-Yards. New album 'I can feel you creep into my private life' is released January 19th 2018: smarturl.it Video by Michael SpeedFootage by Marisa Gesualdi & Jennifer SommerAdditional photos by Nate Brenner, Ginger Fierstein ...