The Bob & Chez Show: Golden Showers

Humor • Views: 37,719

MP3 Audio

Today’s program from our podcasting affiliate, The Bob & Chez Show:

Golden Showers: The Trump Crisis Day 75; Russia Gate Gets Worse; CNN reports Russia has blackmail material on Trump; Trump never read PDB addendum with blackmail info; Did Buzzfeed do the right thing; Trump vs CNN vs Godwin’s Law; Senate moves to repeal Obamacare; Republicans add trillions to the debt they claim to hate; and more.

darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:32:31am

Do this. Keep it quiet.

pCoAbECDTu27XS0Vn7M6cPyXTp3Ck8SsZA107/JNqLP7yGBuDjK/r3MdqSo9nePBp4hJpApAeivc5JsNiMiFsq52jQ3Upd9iPpUiEPCfWZFXr90KepOFkb9EO+acFaPZUW9PMZ80EIJshDvxwagDS585Td2U6XHSHKwniljwzsI3bNT0qFrImOKlgUtSmLtU43QNiqMkv3rT+1LZupW95rY/dDsvHz2KVP8H8FhO7sWlv1PC57g8g1G416u5nSOQ1bONN7VEbfn4eEUoLrdV4cfnfNOIQeWps86HakEQw5AxqttX/p4eDSfJ+RPP4a1X3nTpSlp0ITQb8IwGCIzpGONH25aM+9Nl3t1i9NPI+Zk=

darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:36:40am
darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:38:56am
wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:39:08am
The Trump Crisis Day 75

As with Watergate 45 years ago or so, I frequently find myself asking, ‘What did they know and when did they know it?’ The new additional question is, ‘Why didn’t they DO something??!?!?!!?’ The answer I come up with, which would be explanatory if not satisfactory, is, ‘They were laughing too hard.’

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:40:03am
Dave In Austin  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:42:00am

re: #1 darthstar

This is the one I’m using.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:42:26am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:44:25am
Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:45:50am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:46:25am
darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:47:00am

Worth the read as unnamed sources aren’t unnamed.

Of course, this happened after the election, but still…

It was against this background that Senator John McCain, who had been hearing with growing alarm reports about Mr Trump and the Kremlin, met Sir Andrew Wood, a former British ambassador to Moscow, who had spent 10 years in Russia and is highly respected for his knowledge of Russian affairs, at a security conference in Halifax, Canada.

Sir Andrew stressed to Senator McCain that he had not read the dossier, but vouched for Mr Steele’s professionalism and integrity. The chair of the Senate Armed Forces Committee then sent an emissary to London who picked up the dossier from an intermediary acting on behalf of Mr Steele. The Senator personally took the material to Mr Comey.

Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:47:40am

Getting ready to reignite the 2nd stage

Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:50:21am

good burn

GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:53:03am

re: #13 Bubblehead II

darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:53:50am
GlutenFreeJesus  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:54:12am
Barefoot Grin  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:54:25am

Let’s see. We’ve got Flynn at Putin’s beck and call, Bannon coordinating with Far Right parties and in one case a relative to promote their interests, reports that Carter Page and even Trump stand to profit it sanctions on Russia are lifted, Putin working not only through propaganda and finance, but also through outright coordination of right wing groups in East Europe that may be arming themselves…. Oh, and reports that other ICs are increasingly skittish about sharing info with Trump administration for fear it will simply get leaked to Putin…..

I’d say we really could be at a stage where the militias in the wildernesses of Michigan, Wisconsin, etc. need to be closely monitored for communications with people connected to Flynn and/or Russia. I’m feeling paranoid. But I increasingly think the pissing thing and even the John Lewis tweets are masking some truly terrible stuff that is actually happening. Sorry. Going to move away from the computer for awhile.

Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:55:26am

re: #19 darthstar

link please - I love watching these things

spacex.com

Shiplord Kirel  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:56:49am

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
INTELLIGENCE INSIDERS NOW CLAIM THE TRUMP DOSSIER IS “A COMPLETE FRAUD!” @OANN

Well, looks like the Donald and his team have found some of those “lying, corrupt” intelligence operatives they were talking about last week.

Joe Bacon  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:57:17am

re: #17 Barefoot Grin

Barefoot, you’re not the only one feeling this way. My Spidey Sense is telling me that there is going to be a lot of brutal stuff going down in DC starting Friday. I fully expect a police riot to go after the protesters…

ObserverArt  Jan 14, 2017 • 10:58:15am

re: #19 darthstar

link please - I love watching these things

See also video of the launch and the first stage recovery near the end of the last thread. Great Stuff.

Ace Rothstein  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:01:14am
wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:03:13am

re: #17 Barefoot Grin

ObserverArt  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:03:54am

I love the SpaceX control room. Everyone has a keyboard, mouse and monitors. Very clean.

Remember all the metal cabinetry, consoles, wiring, dials, toggle switches, push-buttons and CRTs from Mercury up to the Saturn moon launches?

Romantic Heretic  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:05:10am

On the other hand, Mr. D’Souza, you are a nasty, bitter young man who is projecting in Technicolor™.

Joe Bacon  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:05:56am

re: #29 Romantic Heretic

Actually Dimwit D’Stupid wishes he was a white man…

darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:11:37am

Cool…I was able to rewind, watch the launch and the first stage reentry and landing on the barge.

darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:12:22am

re: #28 ObserverArt

And almost nobody’s tweeting.

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:12:35am

When Glenn Greenwald sycophants attack.

Dr Lizardo  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:12:40am

re: #30 Joe Bacon

Actually Dimwit D’Stupid wishes he was a white man…

Yeah, he’s sorta like Uncle Ruckus.

Romantic Heretic  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:13:00am

re: #16 GlutenFreeJesus

Notice the different expressions on their faces?

Mr. Lewis: I’m doing what’s right and I won’t back down.

Mr. D’Souza: I just pissed myself. How could this be happening to me, a good American?

scottslemmons  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:14:07am

re: #29 Romantic Heretic

He ain’t that young.

Dr Lizardo  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:14:17am

All satellites successfully deployed. Sweet.

Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:14:21am

All ten satellites deployed. Mission was a success.

nines09  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:15:53am

Donald was busy dodging flying STD’s that week.

Timothy Watson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:16:53am

re: #35 Romantic Heretic

Notice the different expressions on their faces?

Mr. Lewis: I’m doing what’s right and I won’t back down.

Also the fact that it’s pretty clear that Lewis has had the shit beat out of him in several of the mugshots.

ObserverArt  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:17:08am

re: #37 Dr Lizardo

All satellites successfully deployed. Sweet.

re: #38 Bubblehead II

All ten satellites deployed. Mission was a success.

Yay!!!

I guess they lost communications there for a bit so we didn’t get to see any of them deployed, but overall getting to see that first stage landing and a beautiful launch was was impressive.

Timothy Watson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:18:31am

What the GOP Congress will spend four years investigating:

Facebook Post

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:20:52am
Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:23:48am

re: #41 ObserverArt

Yay!!!

One of the ground stations had technical difficulties, so yeah we missed out on the deployments.

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:24:01am
Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:27:54am
HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:28:23am

re: #46 De Kolta Chair

An old hot mayo packet.

HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:29:09am

It’s pretty pathetic that they do given that Greenwald was once a hawk too and derided Bush’s left wing critics. Somehow they forget that when giving you a hard time.

De Kolta Chair  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:29:22am

re: #48 HappyWarrior

An old hot mayo packet.

Eeeew. So sad! ;-)

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:31:24am
HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:31:43am

It does just boggle the mind. People say they like Obama and approve of the job he’s doing and they elect a guy who not only opposes what Obama is doing but derides what he’s done as a failure. Honestly, I have a lot of beef with far left and far right at this point. The far right for putting Trump us by nomination and voting. The far left by because Hilary wasn’t pure enough for them engaging in false equivalencies and even spreading the same right wing lies.

De Kolta Chair  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:32:16am

Learnin’ things and stuff, who needs it?

Bubblehead II  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:33:19am
HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:34:30am

re: #53 De Kolta Chair

Learnin’ things and stuff, who needs it?

It’s the same with the nuts who say you can’t pray in school anymore. Obviously someone never had a seventh period Math pop quiz on a Friday.

HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:35:15am

And I’m pretty sure that did happen to me since I did have seventh period math in seventh grade and the teacher was tough so I’m sure he no doubt did a pop quiz on a Friday on us at least one time.

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:38:13am
MAGATARD PRIME  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:38:48am

re: #28 ObserverArt

It’s a 400 pound guy in his mom’s basement!

HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:39:29am

Yeah we’re to believe that she just visited the Trump Tower and that was it.

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:39:57am
wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:40:54am
HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:41:03am

Oh the drama. Meanwhile you attach yourselves to a guy who actually does kill dissidents. Really Julian and WL, fuck you and your bullshit. You’re not a watchdog. You’re a tool of the Kremlin.

Shiplord Kirel  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:45:44am

@wikileaks
NOTE: No present WikiLeaks staff, including our editor, have medical, psychological or drug conditions which could lead to sudden death.
3:37 PM - 13 Jan 2017
9,480 9,480 Retweets 15,137 15,137 likes

On the contrary, slipping up enough to embarrass a Russian
boss could easily lead to sudden death.

KGxvi  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:45:48am

re: #55 HappyWarrior

I don’t know if it’s a product of time or location, but I don’t ever remember having religious fundamentalists pipe up in class that the teacher was lying, in either high school or undergrad (law school had plenty of debates where law and policy crossed, but that’s a different beast)

MAGATARD PRIME  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:48:03am

Is it weird how wikileaks calls out for the editor specifically in that tweet?

HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:50:06am

re: #64 KGxvi

Most of the religious conservatives I knew as a kid wouldn’t have been going to a public school anyhow. I do remember debates but that was mostly in social studies classes.

Ziggy_TARDIS  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:55:13am

re: #66 HappyWarrior

They didn’t mind speaking up in High School, at least in Colorado Springs.

OU was a different story. They generally were more quiet.

thedopefishlives  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:56:09am

Afternoon Lizardim.

HappyWarrior  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:59:23am

re: #67 Ziggy_TARDIS

They didn’t mind speaking up in High School, at least in Colorado Springs.

OU was a different story. They generally were more quiet.

Most of the religious conservatives I knew as a kid were Catholic traditionalists. Their parents had a problem with the public school system for whatever reason. I don’t remember anyone objecting when evolution was taught. I certainly don’t think anyone was “afraid” to question it either.

Alephnaught  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:59:31am

re: #3 darthstar

“And I am telling you… I’m not going…”

Jennifer Holliday And I Am Telling You Live Tony Awards 1982

allegro  Jan 14, 2017 • 11:59:49am

re: #64 KGxvi

Most every semester of Bio 101 (required of all students, not just science majors) I would have one or two pop off when we got to evolution. They’d be all excited, clearly having waited for juuuuust that moment.

They never did it a second time.

wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:03:14pm
Ziggy_TARDIS  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:06:33pm

re: #69 HappyWarrior

Evangelicals here.

The Catholics Traditionalists were relatively quiet.

Charles Johnson  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:08:35pm
Ziggy_TARDIS  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:09:25pm

The cats are trying to trip him. Our dog does that exact thing.

scottslemmons  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:09:57pm

re: #72 wrenchwench

Speaking of which: Y’all remember that John Lewis wrote an award-winning graphic novel about his life and the history of the civil rights movement. It’s worth reading: topshelfcomix.com

Unshaken Defiance  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:11:55pm

re: #75 Ziggy_TARDIS

The cats are trying to trip him. Our dog does that exact thing.

Cats herd you.

thedopefishlives  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:14:08pm

re: #77 Unshaken Defiance

Cats herd you.

They’re just trying to teach you how to cat.

Dr Lizardo  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:15:40pm

OK. Just made my first order with a groceries delivery website; delivery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, between 13:00-14:00.

While this may not seem like a big deal to many Lizards, here in the Czech Republic, it is; it’s pretty much an entirely new concept. I’ve mentioned it to students of mine, and they were all like “What?! How bizarre!” I think it’s still gonna take awhile for people here to really get into it. Tesco, the British retail giant, does have a grocery delivery service, but only in certain areas of the country, and my area isn’t part of that, unfortunately; it’s largely confined to Prague/Central Bohemia and the Brno metropolitan region.

One of my students has used it before; she was the one who recommended it to me. She swears by it, as she can make her order, than have it delivered at a specific time, usually the next day in her case. They still have the option to pay cash, which is sort of cool and that right there might help lead to more widespread acceptance of the concept as this is still very much a cash-and-carry society.

Stanley Sea  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:16:10pm
wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:22:40pm

re: #76 scottslemmons

The Tweeter has a byline on that. Thanks for the link.

sagehen  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:26:44pm

re: #17 Barefoot Grin

I’m hoping (no degree of confidence really, but hope springs eternal) that those wilderness militias might let out a loud cry of “WOLVERINES!!” and spring into action against the Russian puppets.

scottslemmons  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:31:26pm

re: #81 wrenchwench

The Tweeter has a byline on that. Thanks for the link.

It’s a three-parter, and hence maybe steeper in price than you may be able to get all at once. But it was a glorious book and a great eye-opener to history. High school history never really got much past WWII, and reading about all the stuff that the history textbooks leave out was exhilarating, depressing, and inspiring…

Timothy Watson  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:51:17pm
darthstar  Jan 14, 2017 • 12:53:31pm
Backwoods_Sleuth  Jan 14, 2017 • 1:00:30pm

Just got a smack upside the head that said “Hey, you’re old!”

We’re watching the movie Battleship and hearing these WWII veterans on the USS Missouri saying “let’s rock’n’roll”.

Yeah (and I am totally serious saying this), no matter your age, let’s keep doing exactly that now more than ever in the face of what’s coming.

Tigger2  Jan 14, 2017 • 1:05:32pm

re: #42 Timothy Watson

What the GOP Congress will spend four years investigating:

Hope it was Trump.

wrenchwench  Jan 14, 2017 • 1:06:42pm

Just got a smack upside the head that said “Hey, you’re old!”

1yj5xvSfnMuX+ia81ZwKUti7UqIlWZygX5+rPJ+gqJZl7PlsJtyNQfZK0+2q0UNT

Shiplord Kirel  Jan 14, 2017 • 1:19:00pm

re: #82 sagehen

Unfortunately it’s looking like the RW militias ARE the Russian puppets.

Ziggy_TARDIS  Jan 14, 2017 • 1:24:55pm

re: #78 thedopefishlives

So does our Border Collie.

SpaceX to Send Privately Crewed Dragon Spacecraft Beyond the Moon Next Year We are excited to announce that SpaceX has been approached to fly two private citizens on a trip around the moon late next year. They have already paid a significant deposit to do a moon mission. Like the Apollo ...
Shiplord Kirel
5 minutes ago
‘Women Are Just Better at This Stuff’: Is Emotional Labor Feminism’s Next Frontier? We remember children’s allergies, we design the shopping list, we know where the spare set of keys is. We multi-task. We know when we’re almost out of Q-tips, and plan on buying more. We are just better at remembering ...
Birth Control Works
Micki Piperno- La Zingara - Live at Auditorium Parco Della Musica La Zingara is a piece from Micki's latest record "Guitar Story"; you can listen to the preview on I-Tunes itunes.apple.com The video clip was filmed and produced by Tommaso Cassinis at Boogie studio in Rome. In this video Micki ...
Tarkloon
Stranger Things 2017 : Set to Drop on Halloween 99 out of a hundred times, the missing kid is with a parent or relative. What about the other time? A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy ...
Tarkloon
Ash vs Evil Dead 2nd Season in 2017 Just days before the October 31 debut of the 10-episode series based on the Evil Dead movie franchise, the premium cabler today said the show will be back for another round. "One season isn't enough to satisfy the fans' ...
Tarkloon
LIGO Detects Gravitational Waves After a decades-long quest, The MIT-Caltech collaboration LIGO Laboratories has detected gravitational waves, opening a new era in our exploration of the universe. Read more: news.mit.edu Produced by MIT Video Productions and MIT News OfficeProducer/Editor: Bill Lattanzi Footage courtesy ...
Tarkloon
While We’re Watching the Scandals, Trump Is Dismantling the Federal Government. The rage felt by the president’s critics is real, and understandable, but it also plays into Trump’s broader agenda. His chief strategist Steve Bannon outlined that strategy this week at the Conservative Political Action Conference, describing it as nothing ...
Tarkloon
Criticized by Peers, White House Counterterrorism Adviser Returns Fire "The statements made from the very beginning led me to believe that it was a prank call," Smith tells NPR. "Because he's calling me from a cellphone suggesting that he wants to talk about official business — specifically, elevating ...
Tarkloon
Russian Defense Minister Says His Military Has Tested 162 Weapons in Syria Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu made his way to the Duma, the lower house of parliament, on the eve of Defender of the Fatherland Day. The Feb. 23 national holiday was once known as Soviet Army and Navy Day, ...
Tarkloon
Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Scares Way to No. 1 at Box Office During his Sundance post-screening Q&A, Peele added that Get Out “was a missing piece in the genre. One of my favorite movies is the Stepford Wives and the way it dealt with social issues in regards to gender. I ...
Tarkloon