The Main Squeeze Reinterprets John Lennon: “Jealous Guy”

Music • Views: 20,542

YouTube

SQUEEZE TOUR Coming to a city near you in 2022! 🍊 (Tickets on sale now at: squeezetour.com)

ft. Grace Kelly @gkellymusic

IG
@instasqueeze
Corey Frye - Vocals (@fryezwiththat)
Maximillian - Guitar (@maxamillionpictures)
Smiley - Keys (@smilehighmusic)
Rob Walker - Bass (@j_walkin513)
Reuben Gingrich - Drums (@reubengingrich)

Engineered by Jonathan D. Allee (@soundzy) & Reuben Gingrich
Mixing by Jonathan D. Allee
Tape Mastering & Video Editing by Reuben Gingrich reubengingrich.com
Filmed by Will Crowther (@thisguysnaps)

Listen to this track as well as all of our other Youtube videos on your favorite streaming platform :: li.sten.to

Lessons with the Squeeze :: bit.ly

#themainsqueeze​​ #jealousguy #funk

A Mom Anon  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:05:02pm

I really like this version better than the original, it’s just cool af. Without trying too hard.

Dangerman  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:16:49pm

Sure is quiet….
Too quiet

Dave In Austin  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:17:35pm

The whole band is great but I see Corey Frye as the one really going places.

Dave In Austin  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:19:14pm
Dopamine Fish  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:19:16pm

M7rPwoY6dj6loHGUsXvNRG5Augi9bxFBWVzgHsWrp12MlGnkRdVMjAo31JCvxi5FcgzLOcRZyQY7wIYp/99hUr9O7y+zxdUM/s8TS0CTuO0h40Rvh1eIOvMzX+OvtF70rwZrO59DJszYzPjvlVEbWZWqO+PqRGUxqbEZ/gWKAWUsMOYuYQYhvQLuwQbjB6dZhXjxVqc0T9h7TIXQSc0Tbi06JdgjlH11feOZ0YYJtqg/ZtvDeAxiv0Ctl8fODQRoU9cx+avFLoHQakdn76qu4lmEfuVQMhrqQVDqy9H1mM0SB9L/trK+Bup0cn8OmTuOsM+Umcp06+Il9KwQgMj9rhba8sRuaZBzHXwbo7T4RQfASVFPHzC78gPgegdiGPhJgwLTpoemvi8=

FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n 😷 Trips  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:22:31pm
No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:25:52pm

The only part of the fifties the Trump cult likes was the racism.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:30:26pm
The Pie Overlord!  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:30:43pm
Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:33:29pm

re: #7 No Malarkey!

The only part of the fifties the Trump cult likes was the racism.

And women knowing their place. And gays in the closet. No Miranda to protect those investigated for crimes.

The cultural issues are all that motivate the Trump cult; they don’t care about economic issues that may help their families.

No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:34:16pm

Stonekettle on a righteous rant.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:41:14pm
Belafon  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:45:06pm

re: #7 No Malarkey!

The only part of the fifties the Trump cult likes was the racism.

I figured there would be more than a few people that didn’t know that the Salk vaccine required multiple doses.

No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:46:07pm

I read a story about a man who died of sepsis. He couldn’t get a bed in a hospital that could treat him because they were all full of Covid patients.

I Would Prefer Not To  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:52:13pm

re: #5 Dopamine Fish

BoWpZQGvdf2NMu1dL9yhlwtXHPhR+6F6E9/wSlBQs5KojUwD2UVgsXP3azG8Asa+cWr0WXVyb5XXZQBsG6yy/g==

BlueSpotinAL  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:53:31pm

More about the nursing situation, from my daughter.

Daughter is a floating nurse, which means that she has the experience to work where needed. Naturally, means she is paid more. The hospital is not a huge fan of having to do that.

It turns out that nobody wants to work overtime at night, so they offered bonus to regular nurses, but not floating nurses (saying they were already paying more). Still short, the hospital finally said they would pay her $150/hr overtime for night shifts.

No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 7:53:44pm
Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:03:55pm
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:06:47pm

re: #7 No Malarkey!

The only part of the fifties the Trump cult likes was the racism.

Hence that photograph of blazingly white children.

Something in the last thread’s comments crashed my display into a screen of riotous colours, then when I reloaded my computer, going across that thread again locked up my whole computer.

I think I will stay out of that thread.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:07:21pm

Snow plows working hard.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:09:08pm

re: #18 Shiplord Kirel: Fan of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie

Cawthorn is small potatoes compare to Tucker Carlson who has a much larger platform and audience to spew his pro-Russian propaganda.

No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:11:22pm

re: #20 Dread Pirate Ron

Snow plows working hard.

It was in the sixties in Kentucky again today.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:32:40pm

re: #22 No Malarkey!

It was in the sixties in Kentucky again today.

We are scheduled to get our first real snowfall of the season tomorrow, about 6 weeks later than normal, but not unheard of. But we’ll see.

sagehen  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:33:17pm

re: #14 No Malarkey!

Maybe when the unvaxxed beg for a shot, instead of telling them “sorry, it’s too late”, they should just be injected with air bubbles.

jaunte  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:38:06pm
EstebanTornado1963  Dec 27, 2021 • 8:50:35pm

re: #6 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n 😷 Trips

cnbc.com

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:00:35pm

re: #26 EstebanTornado1963

cnbc.com

“An NFL memo sent to teams Tuesday says that Tier 1 and Tier 2 employees are expected to be vaccinated unless they have an underlying medical or religious reasons for not doing so.”

When will they stop with the religious reasons nonsense? Hopefully, there will be virtually no exemptions, except for the rare but real medical conditions.

No Malarkey!  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:05:44pm

Comment on the thread below. A study showed that fear of the great replacement was a primary motivator of the 1/6 insurrectionists. Tucker Carlson is basically a recruiter of terrorists. A New Study Shows Us the Single Biggest Motivation for the Jan. 6 Rioters | Amanpour and Company

Belafon  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:06:04pm

re: #27 Hecuba’s daughter

When enough “Christians” die that they can no longer force the issue.

jaunte  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:16:16pm

re: #28 No Malarkey!

Some confirmation that domestic terrorists are acting out their white fragility.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:28:22pm
darthstar  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:36:58pm

re: #11 No Malarkey!

Stonekettle on a righteous rant.

This is the asshole in question…took five minutes of drilling down tweet threads to find it.

darthstar  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:38:01pm

re: #31 Dread Pirate Ron

So Peter Navarro got bored with the pace of the investigation and thought he’d give it a little boost? Nice.

Belafon  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:38:05pm

When enough “Christians” die that they can no longer force the issue.

Added quotes around “Christian” because those making the biggest stink about this aren’t like the people here.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:41:02pm

re: #28 No Malarkey!

Comment on the thread below. A study showed that fear of the great replacement was a primary motivator of the 1/6 insurrectionists. Tucker Carlson is basically a recruiter of terrorists. [Embedded content]

Does not surprise me at all. I’ve seen rants about how these new immigrants are changing the nature of our society and will not integrate into our culture. Diversity terrifies these people; they are brown shirts marching behind Tucker Carlson and other monsters who are here to inflame a new civil war and silence those who disagree with the promotion of white supremacy.

darthstar  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:42:03pm

When enough Christians die that they can no longer force the issue.

Can’t they just hold a rally for them with increased heat and humidity and ceiling fans?

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:54:32pm

re: #33 darthstar

So Navarro believes that the plan will exculpate them from involvement in the violence. “No, we didn’t want a direct assault on the Capitol, we want to execute a peaceful coup that would have no repercussions and would be docilely accepted by the population of this nation”.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 9:57:35pm

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

wrenchwench  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:06:20pm

re: #38 Dread Pirate Ron

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

Rule #1: It’s always a headwind.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:07:37pm

re: #39 wrenchwench

Rule #1: It’s always a headwind.

… and in winter it has a windchill factor.

Belafon  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:07:42pm

re: #38 Dread Pirate Ron

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

If that’s what it takes to get California out of a drought…

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:08:14pm

re: #38 Dread Pirate Ron

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

Just close your eyes and think about next spring’s runoff.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:08:53pm

If that’s what it takes to get California out of a drought…

I quit washing my cars in 1990, could explain the 30 year drought.

wrenchwench  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:14:27pm

re: #40 Dread Pirate Ron

… and in winter it has a windchill factor.

All the time. Cover your knees at 70 degrees [Fahrenheit].

steve_davis  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:26:16pm

re: #38 Dread Pirate Ron

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

“Snow levels dropping to 1500 feet….” Sounds like Buffalo during a December thaw.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:32:59pm

re: #44 wrenchwench

All the time. Cover your knees at 70 degrees [Fahrenheit].

I agree with this but the NWS doesn’t believe in windchill above 50F.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 27, 2021 • 10:34:22pm

re: #46 Dread Pirate Ron

I agree with this but the NWS doesn’t believe in windchill above 50F.

They must not have gone to San Francisco in summer.

sagehen  Dec 27, 2021 • 11:07:44pm

re: #35 Hecuba’s daughter

That’s exactly what they said about my grandparents, and the other million or so Eastern European Jewish immigrants of their generation. They don’t speak English, their religion is different than ours, they’re driving down wages by working so cheap…

It was all true, of course.

The same for the million or so Italian Catholic immigrants of the same time span; they faced marginally less resistance in at least one category, because the Irish Catholics who’d been here for 50 years at least didn’t object to the Catholic part of their identity.

sagehen  Dec 27, 2021 • 11:09:10pm

re: #38 Dread Pirate Ron

All this weather is because I bought a bike, right?

Don’t be silly. It’s because of all the Christians who prayed for an end to the drought.

This won’t entirely eliminate the water shortage issues, but it’s at least bought a couple of years before the worst of it happens.

FFL (GOP Delenda Est)  Dec 27, 2021 • 11:25:36pm

re: #48 sagehen

It was all true, of course.

Though that doesn’t prevent the gang warfare of West Side Story.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 27, 2021 • 11:32:16pm

re: #48 sagehen

It was all true, of course.

What is the most appalling are those Americans whose grandparents or great grandparents came here in those waves of immigration who are fervent Trump supporters and who demonize the newer immigrants.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 27, 2021 • 11:43:22pm

Taking the quotes off Christian because Christianity has a two thousand year track record of violence, including against other Christians, just as Jesus commands in the New Testament (think not I come to bring peace, I will set mother against daughter, &c).

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 28, 2021 • 12:19:00am

My dog is having a shit-fit because he doesn’t get a second caramel corn, not talking to me now, left the room. That’ll show me!

sagehen  Dec 28, 2021 • 12:22:33am

re: #50 FFL (GOP Delenda Est)

Though that doesn’t prevent the gang warfare of West Side Story.

In the 1961 version, most viewers seemed to think the Jets were Polish. In the new Spielberg version, they’re explicitly Irish.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 28, 2021 • 12:26:50am

I argue with my doctor over this.

YouTube

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 28, 2021 • 12:31:09am

and this too

YouTube

Decatur Deb  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:01:48am

re: #54 sagehen

The disputed turf where the first version was shot was the northern spillover of Hell’s Kitchen, so mostly Irish. It all went under Lincoln Center.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:18:33am

re: #32 darthstar

Yep, it was a long deathwatch for him after he fell ill in El Salvador at sorryantivaxxer.com

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:21:34am
No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:34:57am

Four dead in Denver shooting spree. news.yahoo.com

Teukka  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:57:57am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n 😷 Trips  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:20:50am
FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt'n 😷 Trips  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:30:53am

re: #6 FormerDirtDart 🍕🐀 No Capt’n 😷 Trips

re: #26 EstebanTornado1963

re: #27 Hecuba’s daughter

I expect teams to reject enforcing any type of mandate. And as long as players are exempt from any league mandate it’s really pointless

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:39:00am
No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:41:45am
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:47:14am

There’s a cold front around here someplace.

In Sidney (south Panhandle near Colorado), the temperature is 29°F and the wind is calm. In Chadron (north Panhandle near South Dakota) the temperature is 2°F with a wind chill of -17°F.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:49:27am

re: #60 No Malarkey!

Four dead in Denver shooting spree. news.yahoo.com

Back to the USA’s favourite pastime.

Dread Pirate Ron  Dec 28, 2021 • 2:53:10am

re: #66 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

It’s 39Fan dropping in my part California. I brought my e-bike battery in from the garage.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:03:51am

My dead coworker’s husband posted false covid information from an anonymous antivaxxer Facebook account called Peko Mate. I have reported it, hope Facebook does something about it.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:28:48am
Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:38:34am

This is news to me. Sheesh. There are so many undercurrents going on around me. I am oblivious. Less so lately, but I have a long way to go.

Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:48:37am

While taking a peek at the “Winema Electric” yelp page (the Shmeck business) today, I see there are the opposing “Winema electric is wonderful” reviews, complete with LGB and actual Fuck Joe Biden.
Some of the positive reviews come from deplorable people who give one-star reviews to stores that ask everyone to wear a mask while inside their establishment.

yelp.com

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:50:03am

Ne2bah4PeBz9WR9r2rBk6ON7ZRTjN4wMFXjGUV5TbALRAbMJOsERHBCClRctyU+812GJom52B4TFdNCnRmpchAA6fwCl2xJXEGJ1I2mE8gVP/9mzhqDdTvYbYzVgVOQaz4/ieUR7YmDOE8Qc0ATXtNypNkSoyIL7WC4zC5YK0zeJ/42JHYDniOthmVyLQwVYy2wvK35H9BnRZeIRoG069qJJxxPorVUT7yjEtsvB9W+S2s8+C/xMbfJYDdRBwax7lIA80Xk+bitAcmJj0+21PWt312628CNS

Patricia Kayden  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:50:47am
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Dec 28, 2021 • 3:55:53am

re: #68 Dread Pirate Ron

We’re not quite that cold down here, but I’m hiding under the covers still.

sagehen  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:05:26am

re: #57 Decatur Deb

here’s what it’s like by the river today:

The food is really good; and you can bring your dog to this restaurant.

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:16:42am
No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:20:35am

re: #69 No Malarkey!

Facebook has notified me that they will not remove the anonymous antivaxxer profile Peko Mate, who will continue to encourage people to die.

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:21:21am
Patricia Kayden  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:23:56am

re: #17 No Malarkey!

Didn’t know about Lucy’s connection to the Twilight Zone. Cool!!

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:24:52am
Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:27:18am
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:30:14am

For those who are interested in genealogy, Ancestry is making their birth, death, and marriage records available without a subscription, thru 31 Dec.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:31:24am
Love-Child of Cassandra and Sisyphus  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:32:14am

Song with some thought put into it:

Peggy Lee - Don’t Smoke In Bed [1948]

Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:36:54am

I… I gotta stop following these items down the rabbit hole….
Colloidal Silver seems to be a real thing in that neck of the woods.

Love Has Won cult leader Amy Carlson died of alcohol abuse, anorexia, and chronic colloidal silver ingestion, autopsy shows

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:42:21am

re: #86 Ming5000

I… I gotta stop following these items down the rabbit hole….
Colloidal Silver seems to be a real thing in that neck of the woods.

There is nothing new about colloidal silver. A friend of mine and his wife was pushing that crap back in the late 90’s. It just has a new pair of legs now. SSDD (Same shit, different decade)

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:43:57am

re: #78 No Malarkey!

I looked further down Peko Mate’s Facebook feed. It’s not only an antivaxxer; Peko Mate denies the germ theory of disease, is anti-Semitic and a flat earther. But good with Facebook.

Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:45:11am

re: #87 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

I am just realizing that the closest I got to colloidal silver was drinking some Goldschlager back in the day. Not silver, but…

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:47:38am

re: #84 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

The Squire of Logos  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:49:33am

re: #5 Dopamine Fish

5gxlp6gKmhzCawRjdVjE9cnsuLbbr+tj6SmU40ejFWN20AqqCO4zIx8vAl7DJXLh7GrlFB7wUMF3EyoG47n2YDuJtoYHUvyEh+uq3AT6O1pIAxjgKNSMuLPzeSE+TJOezMasd48suzYZWHt8do7vDXTWzWT6ujCwQ6q0u+jR9K2DrTXs44XTwOk024xgWLkbZnwWzYssOx3n7DbXJbuc96OeMRnuHennlZc5iutMLmc=

Dr Lizardo  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:50:38am

So, finally had a chance to see the video from the L.A. cop-involved shooting that killed a 14-year-old girl, who was hiding in a dressing room with her mother.

JFC. My immediate impression on this is that cop got the idea into his head that he was playing Call of Duty or that he was Judge Dredd or some shit.

In any event, the civil lawsuit from this is gonna be big - or the out-of-court settlement. And that cop should be fired, pronto.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:51:51am

re: #89 Ming5000

Something I never really understood. I guess it’s a good marketing ploy, but other than that, why?

Edited to add, besides I prefer peppermint Schnapps anyway.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:52:59am

re: #93 Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire

Goes out the same way it goes in!

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:57:58am

re: #92 Dr Lizardo

U.S. cops are trained to shoot armed suspects, no matter what they are armed with.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 4:58:57am

A little more info with the continuing plague of Karen’s on Planes:

Cornwall, according to the affidavit, was trying to return to her seat from the restroom when she asked a flight attendant with a beverage cart that was blocking the aisle for help finding her seat.

The flight attendant asked Cornwall to find a vacant seat until the beverage service was complete.

“What am I Rosa Parks?” Cornwall snapped back, according to the court docs, garnering the attention of the victim.

The man, who felt Cornwall’s comments were out of line, told her that she “isn’t black … this isn’t Alabama and this isn’t a bus,” according to the affidavit.

She has an active profile with Coldwell Banker Realty that lists her as an agent.

“I have been practicing residential real estate for 13 years in Los Angeles/Westside,” she wrote in a recent online posting seeking a roommate in Florida, where she hopes to relocate permanently.

Decades ago, as Patty Breton, she appeared in small televisions roles, according to her IMDB profile. She was on an episode of “Baywatch” in 1987 and had a role on “Married… with Children” in 1989. The actress was also featured in “Playboy: Cheerleaders.”

nypost.com

Dr Lizardo  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:02:39am

re: #95 No Malarkey!

Let’s contrast that with how London Police took down a man armed with a machete:

UK Cops Disarm Man Wielding a Machete | Firsthand | CBC

Or how a cop in Thailand dealt with a potentially suicidal man armed with a knife: Cops stops man with knife, hugs him

The LAPD probably would’ve called in a drone strike in the first vid, BTW.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:05:35am

(With screenshots from Twitter of anti-vaccine propaganda, and copaganda video from KETV Omaha)

Omaha police union president’s struggle with COVID - The Full Story (Seeing Red Nebraska, December 27, 2021)

William Lewis  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:05:36am

re: #92 Dr Lizardo

It will be ruled a legal shooting because prosecutors never willingly hold cops accountable. Killing an extra non-white is just a bonus to them.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:08:53am

re: #98 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

The very first screenshot is of the police union president meeting Donald Trump, Jr. at the Nazi gun shop 88 Tactical in Omaha.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:09:28am

re: #94 Shropshire Slasher

Goes out the same way it goes in!

That may be. But I’m not paying around $47.00 for a bottle of booze with about $1.00 worth of gold flakes in it. Hell, if I going to spend good money on a “status symbol” liqueur, I’ll buy a bottle of 15 year old Macallen single malt.

Dr Lizardo  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:10:52am

re: #99 William Lewis

I hope this time will be different. I’m not counting on it, mind you.

I’m pretty sure there will be a massive wrongful death civil suit filed in the next few weeks. As for Officer Rambo there, in an ideal world, he’d be fired. This being the LAPD we’re talking about, sadly, he probably won’t. But if I were his boss, he’d (at the bare minimum) get busted down to parking enforcement for this rest of his unhappy career.

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:11:24am

re: #95 No Malarkey!

That’s why so many Black men who have two arms are shot. “They were armed.”

lawhawk  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:14:21am

re: #70 No Malarkey!

Goddamned KKKers never went away. They’ve dropped the need for masks.

They’re openly fucking Nazis now. And they’re not shy about their intentions, motivations, and consequences of their actions.

The GOP no longer consider votes against them legitimate. They will consider every election they lose to be illegitimate - because the people voting are not legitimate.

They’re more than willing to invalidate elections to stay in power, because they’re a dying breed - literally and figuratively. Covid is the icing on the cake as they’re literally dying to pwn the libs.

lawhawk  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:14:24am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:16:48am

50F here in TheBackwoods and we just experienced about five minutes of sleet.

This is nutz.

Dr Lizardo  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:20:25am

50F here in TheBackwoods and we just experienced about five minutes of sleet.

This is nutz.

Here in Czech Republic, we should be getting temps around that mark in the next couple of days. Should remain well above freezing for the next week at least.

Crazy indeed. 50 F (10 C) is damn near early spring temperatures.

Back later - gotta go pick a couple things.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:23:06am

50F here in TheBackwoods and we just experienced about five minutes of sleet.

This is nutz.

It’s a balmy 268k here in Twin. Or a very cold 22F. Your choice.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:23:35am

50F here in TheBackwoods and we just experienced about five minutes of sleet.

This is nutz.

sleeting has started up again

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:29:55am

50F here in TheBackwoods and we just experienced about five minutes of sleet.

This is nutz.

Reading Wikipedia,

Sleet is caused when there is an unusual temperature inversion in the atmosphere. Snowflakes forming above 3,000 metres melt in the area 3,000 to 1,500 metres. Below 1,500 metres, the air is below freezing and they refreeze as ice pellets (sleet in the USA, the word means different things in other countries).

If the ground has warm air immediately above it (such as your area with 50°F temperatures), this indicates the immediate area in front of an advancing warm front.

North and west of you in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan is predictions for freezing rain along a northward-advancing warm front.

To your immediate south and west is another advancing warm front anchored to a low pressure cell along the Kansas-Nebraska line.

NWS Weather Prediction Center surface analysis maps.

jeffreyw  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:37:27am

Good morning!

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:41:31am

re: #110 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Looking at those maps, the rain and snow in California will continue.

Snow is predicted across the Pacific coast, with mixed snow and rain reaching as far south as Mexico. The Inland Empire shows rain. Snow occurs all across the western portion of the Rocky Mountains from Canada to central New Mexico and Arizona with mixed snow and rain south of that to Mexico.

By day three, the snow will continue, but an advancing low will cause snow to breach the Continental Divide and drive snow into the Nebraska Panhandle.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:43:36am

All this talk about weather so I decided to look. 44 right now in El Granada (Half Moon Bay)…going to stay under 50 all day even. This doesn’t happen too often. Means the water (54-55F) will feel warmer for those who partake in the waves today.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:49:37am

re: #110 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

Reading Wikipedia,

NWS Weather Prediction Center surface analysis maps.

yes, I already know that (part of my training as a NWS observer and also just had a refresher webinar on exactly that subject last month).

is still nutz

DOG VALLEY 2 SSE 24.0
LONE PINE 11 SW 24.0
ROUND VALLEY 9 WNW 22.0
SALYER 10 W 16.0
LAKE DAVIS 4 SE 11.5
DINSMORE 3 W 10.0

wpc.ncep.noaa.gov (other states listed, along with winter weather discussion for the whole USA)

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:50:32am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:52:31am

heh, I called in the report to NWS Wilmington (and another observer about 20 miles away from me reported the same thing)

Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:54:46am
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:56:15am
Anymouse 🌹🏡😷  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:58:54am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 5:59:31am
darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:00:01am

re: #115 Anymouse 🌹🏡😷

104” the last 7 days at the place I ski.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:01:40am

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:03:36am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:06:24am
Eventual Carrion  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:23:15am

re: #51 Hecuba’s daughter

This right here. And why are they bitching about immigrants assimilating? If immigrants are supposed to assimilate, why are we not all observing Native American traditions? Us immigrants assimilating to the native people of the land oh so many years ago.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:37:03am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:37:50am
Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:49:59am

Fred Wellman@FPWellman ………You literally described the legal voting method. That’s not stealing you idiot. It’s called letting American’s vote. It feels like stealing because your party is shrinking into nothing. …….4:56 PM * Dec 27, 2021

Ian Millhiser@imillhiser ……. Thinking back to when Rand Paul came out against a ban on whites-only lunch counters……. 5:45 PM * Dec 27, 2021

straAdeptus@brill_inst…….So campaigning and asking for votes is stealing? Have you considered if you weren’t so racist and broken those votes might come back for you? …… 5:00 PM * Dec 27, 2021

Anthony Michael Kreis@AnthonyMKreis…….The are far too many elected officials like @RandPaul who view the essential elements of democracy as a bug, not a feature, of the American political system. …… 4:55 PM * Dec 27, 2021

Norman Ornstein……..@NormOrnstein …….Rand Paul’s definition of stealing is when voters elect somebody he doesn’t like. A classic authoritarian
4:51 PM * Dec 27, 2021

Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:50:21am

While discussing the cat puking episode last night, I realized that I have developed the skill of waking from a dead sleep when the cat starts preliminary hurling heaves, grabbing nearby dirty clothing, and placing in the garment into the impact zone. I am successful 4 out of 5 times. Sometimes I flail helplessly for something to put in place, or even to find the damn cat.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:53:25am

Really neat stuff about the James Webb telescope, especially the deployment video down near the bottom.

dailymail.co.uk

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:54:33am
Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:55:27am

re: #130 Ming5000

One of my cats conveniently hurls in the food bowl, I just scoop it out and toss it to the birds.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:57:09am

re: #130 Ming5000

Get some of that malted hairball remedy. Smear a half inch in its mouth if you can, or on its paw. It does help.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:57:43am

Our new rescue kitty is getting settled in here (got him Friday). Our supreme cat Bunny is warming a little bit to him, but still not sure what to make of him. He keeps meowing to her to try and make friends, but her being deaf it makes no difference to her. Dropped daughter and her boyfriend off at the airport to head back to Denver last night so the house is much quieter this morning. New kitty (Fred) is not as skittish with it being quieter. Even pulled itself up on the love seat and laid down next to wife.

Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:58:06am

re: #130 Ming5000

We roll over and go back to sleep
Tile floors

Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 6:59:22am

Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:02:18am

re: #134 darthstar

Ordered some just now using the LGF Amazon link above. Thanks for the tip!

Dopamine Fish  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:03:14am

Morning Lizardim from the bitterly cold and cloudy wild north country. It’s supposed to snow a little today, but more ominously, it is supposed to be absolutely frigid this week; Thursday or Friday, I believe, the high is not going to break 0 °F (-17.8 C). How go things among the lizardfolk on this frigid freezing winter day?

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:05:21am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:07:34am

re: #135 Eventual Carrion

We’re on a list at the area animal hospital (where Glory went to the Rainbow Bridge on Christmas Eve) to adopt an owner-surrender dog, when one comes available. Puppy, senior, special needs, doesn’t matter, just needs to be good with cats. Usually the human owner is elderly, moved to nursing home, or died. Or just can’t afford veterinary costs anymore.

Jay C  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:22:07am

re: #122 darthstar

104” the last 7 days at the place I ski.

I didn’t look closely at that post, so at first I thought it said “104 degrees“…

Which, given the way the climate has been acting lately, isn’t all that straining to the credibility…

The Pie Overlord!  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:25:17am

These dumbshits all think they are Rosa Parks. Rosa would tell them all to fuck off.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:27:27am

re: #111 jeffreyw

Good morning!

Western good morning!

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:31:09am

re: #140 No Malarkey!

Moderna - which I think from what I’ve seen is the best vaccine our - could have shared its patent, charged a dime per dose, and made off like a bandit and looked like a hero. Welp.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:36:35am

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

They need a different hobby other than being stupendous assholes.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:40:17am
steve_davis  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:40:22am

Wheel of Time finale review: Seriously? You are holding off a chronic Dark One’s horde with a building that can apparently hold 8 crossbowmen and can be scaled by a bunch of trollocks forming a cheerleading pyramid? See, this is my problem with a lot of fantasy. The people who write this shit have never bothered to actually learn what medieval fortifications look like, or why they were built that way. Ever wonder why those walls have all the narrow vertical slits in them? Maybe so that if you get attacked by trollocks they don’t have the ability to jump through a window and stab you? Just a thought.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:41:13am

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Asshole in the MLK hoodie attacked the US Capitol on January 6.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:43:50am

re: #147 darthstar

Was that the orangutan laughing? If so, it sounds just like a person laughing.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:47:09am

re: #148 steve_davis

He should have worn his family’s traditional armor. Also, Opie the dragon going off on his own like he’s Arya Stark kind of struck me as silly. Sending the bad guy away for another 3,000 years should end it. You can’t just float in an armada of witches dressed like Adam Ant on a tidal wave.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:48:36am

re: #150 No Malarkey!

Was that the orangutan laughing? If so, it sounds just like a person laughing.

Yes, but largely drowned out by the people.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:49:07am

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:53:35am

re: #148 steve_davis

I am just happy I get to watch someone’s interpretation of one of my favorite series. At least Robert Jordan finished it from the grave, I don’t think George R. R. Martin will do the same.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:53:53am

re: #140 No Malarkey!

and Abbott allowed.that?

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:55:27am

re: #155 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

and Abbott allowed.that?

Abbott certainly doesn’t want Texans to get vaccinated.

Patricia Kayden  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:56:19am

re: #143 The Pie Overlord!

Putting the lives of fast food workers at risk to protest mask mandates is unconscionable. They have no right to enter a private establishment to break its rules.

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Dec 28, 2021 • 7:56:44am

Aw, man. I’m so sorry to hear about Glory. 💔

I saw we lost Ozzie, too. I’m devastated for both you and the ErictheFruitBat. Absolutely heartbroken.💔💔

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:07:31am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:09:46am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:10:41am
Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:12:30am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:14:35am

meanwhile in West Virginia:

gwangung  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:15:38am

Sigh. And folks are still arguing with experts….

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:15:52am

Gotta be a metaphor for something.

gocart mozart  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:16:18am
lawhawk  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:17:36am

What are the odds that said tire dump is immediately above a coal seam?

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:18:48am

meanwhile in West Virginia:

Manchin’s Dorian Gray painting.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:19:01am

re: #167 lawhawk

What are the odds that said tire dump is immediately above a coal seam?

80 feet deep…I’m guessing the site used to be a surface pit mine that got filled in with tires.

BigPapa  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:19:23am

re: #165 Eclectic Cyborg

Gotta be a metaphor for something.

metafour

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:21:55am

LOL

it’s juicy

Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:24:54am
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:25:08am

And that is why, after I hang up with a client, I make SURE the call has been disconnected before I say ANYTHING to myself or anyone else around me.

wrenchwench  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:25:24am

‘I’m afraid you don’t have primacy here.’

I’d steal it, but I couldn’t remember long enough to type it.

Belafon  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:30:07am

I saw an ad for an org savesponsor.org, where you can now sponsor a child in a rural American community. It pissed me off, so I had to write this at the book of faces:

I’m sure you’ve seen the ads for Wounded Warrior Project, asking you to sponsor a solder that has been injured serving our country. I just saw an ad for savesponsor.org, which would allow you to support a child living in a rural American community.

GAAAAAAAHHHHHH on both of these. What the hell have we become in America?

Neither of these should have to exist. Nor should GoFundMe to get chemo or a kidney transplant or to pay off the birth of a child. Nor should we be hearing about how some kid used his Make a Wish opportunity to feed hungry people. None of these should be necessary.

The infuriating thing is that what we’ve become is a group of people that refuse to do what it takes to take care of each other. And there are multiple reasons for this, but the biggest two are greed and envy. We’ve decided that the only thing keeping each of us from being rich is having to help our neighbors. And so we end up with these projects, asking people with empathy, but not necessarily a lot of money, to take care of people we are ALL responsible for.

It’s time we stopped acting like entitled brats and grew up. We have a country to take care of and people who need help. The government, our government, is responsible to the general welfare. That means people get fed, people get health care, people get a place to live, and people get an education. It means that people have the ability to become contributing citizens. And it mean all people, not just the few you like.

And to do this, the right thing to do is to ask people, all people to pay for it. And forget the “fair share” mess. Those who earn more can pay more. Jeff Bezos didn’t do $200B worth of work. He got a few people together to do the jobs that made Amazon what it is. So he can contribute a larger percentage of his earnings than a programmer at Amazon. And I can contribute more than the person who should be making a living wage at Walmart.

It’s time we grew up.

facebook.com

A Mom Anon  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:31:05am

Looks like the husband was discharged from the hospital just as cases soared. When he was discharged the hospital was at 78 percent capacity. Today it’s at 94 percent. There were 168 covid cases in the hospital on Dec 15, today it’s 223. I am so pissed about this. The hospital had relaxed its visiting and visitation rules to the next up from normal. Only two visitors at a time, fewer hours, masks required in the rooms. I also realize my husband would have been alone for 8 days and possibly neglected had I been unable to see him and advocate for better care. Once he was moved to a different floor after the second procedure, his care level went up a lot. There was great care until they took him off the CICU unit on day 2, then it went to shit til after the second one. He had fluid in his lungs and no one listened to me. Had I not been a cranky old bitch about that he might still be there. Or worse.

Citizen K  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:32:41am

Unfortunately, no matter how much some try to point this out, Twitter consensus seems to have decided that the out-of-context clip “Feels” true and thus “BIDEN GAVE UP, HE’S THE WORST DO-NOTHING PIECE OF SHIT EVER, FUCK THE DEMS FOREVER!!!” Even from folks who should clearly fucking know better, they’ve decided that even the context of the full clip somehow is ‘worse’ because he’s not straight up acting like a dictator and bigfooting on the Republican Govs who are acting as bulwarks against any COVD measures ‘cuz ‘freedum’.

So many fucking people have been broken by the Republican pursuit of the unitary executive that they think that’s how government actually is run, much less how it should be run. And they get mad that Dems aren’t using the power of the bully pulpit to bully people into compliance as if that’s actually something they can do, especially with a fucking 6-3 wingnut court ready to say ‘Actually, the Founders hated vaccines, so fuck you, you’re on your own.’ Forget that if Dems even tried to assert absolute God-King authority, the media would go after them knives out and have the country frothing for immediately deposing ‘Tyrant Joe’ within the week.

Because the Overton Window is a fucking lie. It presumes that it works both ways, when it clearly fucking doesn’t. And we’re seeing it when Dems push back, they simply just get shitkicked in the teeth from all sides for simultaneously doing too much and not enough, so fuck them all, bring on Daddy GOP again.

Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:33:15am

Boom-Chicka-Boom Boom…….

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:34:46am

jeebus

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:36:22am

Bloody hell.

wrenchwench  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:41:49am

jeebus

I see things have not changed since Mr. w went to school in PA in the 50s. He had the best grades in his class, but they made him take all the shop classes in addition to the college prep courses he insisted on. They told him he’d never go to college because he couldn’t afford the clothes. He did go to college, in the 2000s. The dress code had relaxed a bit.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:42:38am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:50:18am
Patricia Kayden  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:52:06am

Jay C  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:52:25am

To be fair, that would save a bit on postage….

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:55:34am

re: #165 Eclectic Cyborg

Gotta be a metaphor for something.

There has to be a dumpster nearby.

A Cranky One  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:58:34am

10 Vintage Christmas Tree Recipes of Yore We’re Glad Haven’t Made a Comeback ~ Vintage Everyday

vintag.es

lawhawk  Dec 28, 2021 • 8:59:15am

re: #184 Patricia Kayden

More recent figures are here.

moneygeek.com

Yeah Sure WhatEVs  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:01:14am

re: #173 Eclectic Cyborg

Trying to train the husband to do that. I’ve housebroken puppies faster.

Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:02:35am
wrenchwench  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:04:32am

re: #188 lawhawk

More recent figures are here.

moneygeek.com

New Mexico is still #1, but this shows it as Blue, which it is now. Yay team.

Jay C  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:05:02am

re: #188 lawhawk

More recent figures are here.

moneygeek.com

And also, despite that chart in #184, New Mexico is hardly a “RedState”.

KGxvi  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:14:05am

Just swinging by to provide everyone a bit of a laugh break:

Chuckles loses before one of the most conservative federal circuits. From the ruling:

the only reason to hale HuffPost into Texas is that Texans visited the site, clicking ads and buying things there. But as far as Johnson has alleged, those visits reflect only HuffPost’s universal accessibility, not its purposeful availment of Texas. Accessibility alone cannot sustain our jurisdiction. If it could, lack of personal jurisdiction would be no defense at all…

None of the alleged ties with Texas gives HuffPost fair warning that it should expect a libel suit there. Making a website that’s visible in Texas, of course, does not suffice…Grannies with cooking blogs do not, and should not, expect lawsuits from Maui to Maine.

Chuckles tried to sue HuffPost for libel in Texas because they called him a white nationalist and Holocaust denier. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals told him he filed in the wrong state and to get the fuck out.

Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:15:55am
Teukka  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:16:15am

re: #193 KGxvi

Just swinging by to provide everyone a bit of a laugh break:

*sniff* *sniff* Do I sense a querulant odor? 🤔

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:17:12am

Fuck around, find out - seagull edition

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:18:38am

Close to the water in the bottom pic behind the blue boat. Watched it tag the seagull three or four times.

darthstar  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:23:31am

Funny if true.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:30:28am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:33:49am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:34:44am

“suicide by petulance”

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:35:27am
danarchy  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:43:57am

re: #184 Patricia Kayden

How did they decide New Mexico is a red state? It has a democratic governor and went democratic in the last 2 presidential elections, and 2 dem senators…

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:45:17am

Well, Folks, you can just stop with “be a better person” bit.

Because that just ain’t going to happen. That ship not only sailed, it hit a rock outside the harbor and went down with all hands.

I am all out of fucks to give.

Nailed it.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:46:35am
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:48:39am

re: #205 No Malarkey!

I was wondering when someone would just come out and fucking say it.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:49:43am

Just finished viewing Don’t Look Up. I know the contempt most here have toward David Sirota, but decided to take a chance. I thought it was okay, had some very real takes on our culture but was very annoyed by his making the President a blonde female. His hatred of Hillary was undoubtedly the impetus for this portrayal — and that part was truly offensive. Maybe he has problems with powerful women; what justification is there for his making the first female president a moron?

A Cranky One  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:50:27am

Retired in Aug after 36 years doing R&D for the telecom industry.

One of my first assignments was developing the operator interface to control coin phones, which were very popular at the time.

I later was involved with creating cellular 3G.

Seeing those and other technologies I worked on dissappear makes me feel old. Of course, creating new technologies was the job and the only constant was change.

I mention this because the ad below triggered a lot of memories of that time.

Phone Relief Television AD - 1993

Made me chuckle.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:51:55am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 9:55:01am
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:03:09am

There’s a special place in hell for these people, right?

The Squire of Logos  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:04:02am

re: #207 Hecuba’s daughter

The whole blonde female president as a moron is on par with Sirota and his Hillary obsessive hatred. I avoid everything he is involved in. He is an arrogant little shit who is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is (and other people aren’t as stupid as he thinks they are).

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:04:55am
The Squire of Logos  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:06:12am

Suspend her? Good heavens yank her license while you are at it!

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:07:56am
Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:08:47am

“I have a dream…of an all-beef patty, with a sesame seed bun…”

Jay C  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:09:28am

re: #211 Eclectic Cyborg

There’s a special place in hell for these people, right?

And it’s a sort of waiting room…..*

[SPOILER - a really LONG wait…..]

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:12:26am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:14:16am
The Squire of Logos  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:16:46am

I wonder who will be the first to challenge and ban the Bible?

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:17:48am

re: #220 The Squire of Logos

I wonder who will be the first to challenge and ban the Bible?

I’d go after The Art of the Deal.

Dave In Austin  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:18:10am
Ming5000  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:19:18am

re: #220 The Squire of Logos

I wonder who will be the first to challenge and ban the Bible?

Hardy Boys might be a good money maker

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:21:49am

re: #207 Hecuba’s daughter

The movie would have been funnier for some in 2019.

Eventual Carrion  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:24:04am

Good, you have any bibles on the shelf they have to go. Is that a good start?

sagehen  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:25:03am

re: #189 Yeah Sure WhatEVs

Trying to train the husband to do that. I’ve housebroken puppies faster.

well sure — Puppies you can rub their nose in it. Husbands, not so much.

Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:27:31am
Backwoods_Sleuth  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:32:06am
Eventual Carrion  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:34:03am

Iowa didn’t even exist when Real America came into being.

Shropshire Slasher  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:36:15am

WW3 started in space?!

The Chinese government has warned the US to “act responsibly” in outer space after claiming Beijing’s space station was forced to take evasive action twice earlier this year to avoid colliding with small satellites operated by Elon Musk’s SpaceX.

Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Zhao Lijan alleged in a statement Tuesday that the near-collisions posed a serious threat to the lives and safety of the country’s astronauts, according to multiple reports.

The incidents occurred in July and October, when the SpaceX satellites drifted extremely close to the Tiangong space station. The astronauts on board were forced to implement “preventive collision avoidance control” on both occasions, China said earlier this month.

China called on the United Nations to remind all countries — including the US — that they “bear international responsibility for national activities in outer space … whether such activities are carried on by governmental agencies or by non-governmental entities,” according to the South China Morning Post.

nypost.com

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:36:41am

Wingnuts would lose their fucking minds if you just Thanos snapped all the big Democratic cities away.

Hell, they wouldn’t even have Fox News or Facebook or Twitter anymore!

jaunte  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:42:38am

Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:47:23am

re: #173 Eclectic Cyborg

and never let a third party drop off a conference call and you remaining two keep talking

always hang up the phone and redial

Dr Lizardo  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:48:49am

When the James Webb telescope peers back into the vastness of time, this is what it’ll see:

Either that, or Azathoth.

Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:51:38am

re: #194 Dave In Austin

which variant?

its not the ‘narrative’ that’s changing

the virus is changing and it’s new behavior and capabilities changes the narrative

JC1  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:53:15am

re: #235 Dangerman

which variant?

its not the ‘narrative’ that’s changing

Her sample size is 7, even if we could trust a word she says.

ericblair  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:55:48am

re: #230 Shropshire Slasher

That’s part of the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, so they’re correct about that. However, enough people publicly pointed out that China is the last nation that should be bitching, considering that they’re responsible for about a third of the tracked and non-tracked debris in low earth orbit because of an anti-satellite test on their own defunct satellite in 2007. And figuring out where a Starlink satellite is is much easier than figuring out where a small but deadly piece of aluminum is flying who knows where up there.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:56:17am

There’s a lot of anger—some of it generated in bad faith by crisis promoters—about how DoJ isn’t doing anything. But in the weeks after 1/6 they had something like 200K tips and counting to sift through. Also, something I heard on Fresh Air last week, is that the loose-knit org. that’s called Sedition Hunters is actually more advanced in techniques in some ways than the FBI; so the FBI has repeatedly relied on the crowd-sourcing, facial-recognition tools of SH to corroborate and then arrest the now 700 or so who have been or are awaiting trials. It takes massive resources, so these kinds of tips are really useful. There are still hundreds remaining to be either ID’d or picked up.

A hollow voice says Vaccinate the world!  Dec 28, 2021 • 10:58:28am

re: #211 Eclectic Cyborg

There’s a special place in hell for these people, right?

Naah, they’re just common criminals, and they go in with the other fraudsters (8th circle, per Dante).

Dangerman  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:00:47am

yes he’ll have his 15 minutes
after that he’ll be sitting on his couch wondering why he didnt become instantly rich off this

Barefoot Grin  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:04:00am

re: #240 Dangerman

yes he’ll have his 15 minutes

He’s just another Joe the Plumber but maybe just a little bit dumber.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:08:33am

re: #236 JC1

Her sample size is 7, even if we could trust a word she says.

In my office I have a sample size of ten, consisting of nine live vaccinated people, and one dead unvaccinated person.

sagehen  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:09:51am

re: #238 Barefoot Grin

Part of what sedition hunters has is their combined socials follower lists; a lot of the “facial recognition tools” at their disposal is people saying “hey look, that’s Lisa’s ex-boyfriend Mikey. He said he was on a fishing trip when he took those days off in January” and “isn’t that the sweatshirt Joe thought was so funny when he wore it to the company picnic?”

DOJ also has to hold off on charging people who the 1/6 committee is speaking to, or who other 1/6 witnesses may bring evidence against; everybody remembers how congressional investigations of Iran-Contra and DoJ investigations of same kept stepping on each other’s toes.

Florida Panhandler  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:15:33am

Right wing “humor” strikes again.

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:15:54am

Wouldn’t it be pretty slick if the 1/6 committee dropped some indictments on 1/6/22?

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:19:03am

re: #224 Shropshire Slasher

The movie would have been funnier for some in 2019.

?Why 2019 in particular? Because it was pre-pandemic?

Eclectic Cyborg  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:22:56am

re: #246 Hecuba’s daughter

?Why 2019 in particular? Because it was pre-pandemic?

That’s my thought. Now people ignoring a major problem to their own detriment and the detriment of others is our reality and it can be pretty fucking depressing and tough to laugh at.

Michele: Out of the closet, Into the fire  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:23:23am

re: #245 Eclectic Cyborg

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head that I would love to see.

sagehen  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:28:26am

re: #245 Eclectic Cyborg

the committee doesn’t do indictments. they do referrals to the DoJ, who then decides whether to go to a grand jury, which may indict.

Barefoot Grin  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:31:01am

re: #243 sagehen

Yes, you’re right. That’s really what the interviewee said, now that you mention it.

Hecuba's daughter  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:33:41am

re: #247 Eclectic Cyborg

I was thinking so much of the dialogue seemed tied to pandemic denial but it really was meant to be climate change denial.

No Malarkey!  Dec 28, 2021 • 11:35:06am

re: #251 Hecuba’s daughter

Works either way.

wrenchwench  Dec 28, 2021 • 1:32:14pm

re: #191 wrenchwench

New Mexico is still #1, but this shows it as Blue, which it is now. Yay team.

I went away, did a few things, came back, and read the whole thing:

New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($4.33), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.63).

I think it was in the footnotes. Some of the federal spending in New Mexico is in National Laboratories.

It’s not spending, it’s investment. Therefore, I added some bold.

Last updated: 2021-06-05 2:51 pm PDT

Cash.app Shop at amazon
Ludovico Einaudi - Luminous (Performance Video) "Underwater is a sound from another place"Order the new album: einaudi.lnk.to Underwater, Einaudi's first full solo piano album for 20 years, is a manifesto for life and a statement for this time when the world around him was quiet ...
Tweets: 1 •
Naked Capitalism Takedown on Biden’s Speech(0) [Introductory material omitted.] (1) But before we begin, I want to provide an update on our fight against COVID-19 and announce new steps[1]. [1] One would have expected new steps to generate some coverage, or, more precisely, to be ...
Captain Magic
Tweets: 2 •
There Is No Such Thing as “Mild” CovidRead this thread. The good news down at the end is that full vaccination does help mitigate long Covid. Nevertheless, you don't want to get a "mild" case of Covid. PSA: COVID-19 isn’t “just a cold,” isn’t “a respiratory virus,” ...
No Malarkey!