White Supremacists Plan to Recruit at July 4th Tea Parties
The Anti-Defamation League has a report on white supremacists’ plans to infiltrate “tea party” protests on July 4th, in order to recruit new members: White Supremacists and Anti-Semites Plan to Recruit at July 4 Tea Parties.
The Tea Party phenomenon, which began with anti-tax rallies staged across the country on April 15, 2009, will continue as activists in almost every state are planning similar events on July 4. Notably, white supremacists are again planning to participate. As they have done with other political and social issues, for example, promoting the Ron Paul campaign and using the immigration debate, white supremacists and anti-Semites are planning to exploit Tea Parties to disseminate their hateful views and recruit a larger following.
Extremists plan to recruit at Tea Parties
Stormfront, the most popular white supremacist Internet forum, is home to discussion between extremists eager to influence the events. In addition to circulating a list of local organizers and promoting planned rallies, Stormfront members are trying to find ways to involve themselves in the events. In posts to the forum, many voice their intent to attend the Tea parties for the purpose of cultivating an “organized grassroots White mass movement.”
Posts to Stormfront:
- “We need a relevent [sic] transitional envelope-pushing flyer for the masses. Take these Tea Party Americans by the hand and help them go from crawling to standing independently and then walking toward racialism.“
- ”We intervene to shape the new pro-White grassroots agenda from within the crowd. We intervene for active effect at the event, for advancement of White racial consciousness and solidarity, and for the growth of the organized grassroots White mass movement and the most perceptive racially aware activist element.“
- ”I also agree that spreading the WN (“White Nationalist”) message at these events is a good idea-it’s time already,we’ve gotta do it!! Carefully, of course.“
- ”A big crowd of irate White folks protesting the government seems like the perfect time and place for us WN’s to promote our cause, at least to my way of thinking.“
- ”I distributed WN literature at the last Tea Party in Phoenix. I will be doing it again in July. This is the time and the place. For those on a budget, I would suggest printing business cards with the web address of your group or organization. Keep it simple.“
- ”I think they’d be ideal for spreading WN literature and gaining recruits in large numbers, more quickly.“
Tea Party Americans Coalition
An anti-Semite and white supremacist using the name ”Whites Forward“ created the Tea Party Americans Coalition (TPAC) as ”a working group for serious White racialist ACTIVISTS in the US who want to effectively coordinate our efforts and intervene for effect in Tea Party-type events.“ Anti-Semitic, racist, and anti-immigrant themes run through the six issues on which the working group is based.
”Whites Forward“ is hoping that TPAC will be the ”genesis of our new White mass movement and the fertile womb for our pro-White political party.” He has called on other white supremacist groups to align themselves with the coalition, including the Council of Conservative Citizens, the Nationalist Coalition, David Duke’s EURO organization, and European Americans United.
The Council of Conservative Citizens is the organization that Ann Coulter has defended against charges that they are a white supremacist group: Ann Coulter and the Council of Conservative Citizens, Part Deux.